Decline call button

mike in nc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am forever pushing this when pulling my phone out of my pocket to answer a call. Is there an app or tweak that allows you to get rid of this button?
I am using 4S, IOS6
Thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean the volume button?

I think it’s the power button on top of the phone. If you press it once while the phone is ringing and was previously screen-locked, the ringing is silenced. Pressing it twice activates the "ignore" function to decline the call.

I don’t know what to tell the OP, as I am not aware of any app or process to disable it. Maybe something in the Cydia (jailbroken) world, but nothing that I know of otherwise.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I was just trying to figure out what button he's accidentally hitting to decline the call. I know you can do that with the power button, and the volume button silences the call. But it seems to me it would not be that simple to hit the power button twice by accident.

mike in nc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I believe when the phone is not locked, when you receive a call instead of the slider where you can accept the call, you have a red decline button on the left of the screen, and a green accept button on the right. While pulling the phone out I accidently hit the decline and lose the call. I would like to prevent this from happening. These are not any of the physical buttons, but touchscreen buttons. I hope this is a better explanation. I would like to just get rid of the decline button. I am Jailbroken, but have seen nothing on this.

Thanks

Attachments

• securedownload.png
    securedownload.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 6

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe when the phone is not locked, when you receive a call instead of the slider where you can accept the call, you have a red decline button on the left of the screen, and a green accept button on the right. While pulling the phone out I accidently hit the decline and lose the call. I would like to prevent this from happening. These are not any of the physical buttons, but touchscreen buttons. I hope this is a better explanation. I would like to just get rid of the decline button. I am Jailbroken, but have seen nothing on this.

Thanks

In that case, before you put it in your pocket, simply press the top power button once. That engages the screen lock. Then, when the phone rings, you get the slide to answer prompt instead fo the Decline/Answer buttons. But don’t hit the top power button when pulling it out of your pocket or you could decline the call.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad