Date on home screen when phone wakes up

I

iMore Question

I often need the date and would just like to quickly look at my phone without swiping, can it be embedded in my photo on my home screen or somewhere at or is there an app for that

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I often need the date and would just like to quickly look at my phone without swiping, can it be embedded in my photo on my home screen or somewhere at or is there an app for that

Welcome to iMore!

The calendar app display the date right on the app thumbnail (day only) and it’s also on the lock screen (so notification center as well).

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Here are a couple of screenshots:

calendar question.jpg
calendar question2.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
how do you get that info on your lock screen?

Hi there! My method is probably rather primitive, but what I do is to open a copy of the image in Powerpoint, and create a text box, add the the text you see. I use powerpoint because I can control the amount of transparency. I then use the snipping tool to snip the image and save it into Paint, where I create the image.

It may seem convoluted but it works very well, and I can make them quickly! When I have more time, I might write a how to on how to do this.

Here's another example that shows how I can change the level of transparency:

Lock Screen Demo.jpg

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there! My method is probably rather primitive, but what I do is to open a copy of the image in Powerpoint, and create a text box, add the the text you see. I use powerpoint because I can control the amount of transparency. I then use the snipping tool to snip the image and save it into Paint, where I create the image.

It may seem convoluted but it works very well, and I can make them quickly! When I have more time, I might write a how to on how to do this.

Here's another example that shows how I can change the level of transparency:

View attachment 122322

ah got it. So you just create an image with this information, then select that image for the lock screen. Nice.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77