• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Dark pictures

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
My X started taking dark pictures all of a sudden and I don’t know what’s up. It used to be that if I used the slider to manually brighten the picture, the photo looked exactly like it does on screen when I snap the pic. But now, it looks bright and beautiful on screen and the picture itself looks dark. But if I move the slider up so much that the screen almost looks blown out, the picture itself looks brighter and Norma. Does anyone know what’s up? It wasn’t doing this before

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m at a Cadillac dealership getting my car serviced and I just took a couple of random pics and the brightness looks in line with how it’s always been since I’ve had the iPhone X. Try using a different camera app to see if you get the same results.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset (reboot)? If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman