Convince Me To Change

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the original topic could have been worded differently. I could understand asking the opinion of people on the MobileNation forums, because we are all dedicated to the platform who's respective site we signed up for.

Here's a breakdown in my opinion..

I was an avid BlackBerry user for most of my time using a smartphone, why you ask? Easy, the operating system was clean and in order, the devices were reliable to me, the keyboard ofcourse was awesome, the battery life was superb, and it did exactly what I needed it to, without flaw.

I've owned maybe 2 or 3 Android devices for a very short period of time, and the operating system was very disappointing. It's all good for about a month, then the OS smacks you in the face with characteristics like that of a dying snail. It starts to freeze up, runs slow, battery drains, apps force close, so on and so forth. On top of that, the user interface always seems so sloppy to me. Needless to say I got rid of my Android devices quick.

My brother, who has sworn by Apple for the longest time (I mean he has several Apple TV units in the house, MacBooks for him, his wife, and his two kids aged 8-10, and iPhones equally distributed of the highest gig amount) came in to town a while back after the 4S release, at this time I was still with AT&T, and I always got a hard time from him when he would see me using a BlackBerry. Anyways, he gave me his 4 and simply said "just try it."

Since that day, I can honestly say I will never switch from an Apple iPhone so long as they continue to make products. This is honestly the best thing since the most productive invention ever was invented. It has all the things I loved about BB enhanced to the maximum amount. Device design is impeccable, the OS is extremely reliable, the battery life is maximized to get through my daily tasks AND THEN SOME, the apps are great, the phone never has a time that it doesn't run smoothly (even on a jailbreak), granted it took about 2 weeks to lose my addiction to the physical keyboard, it was well worth it. I've never dropped retail price on a device in my life, but I love the iPhone so much (and not only did I not yet have an upgrade with VZW, but I didn't want to lose unlimited data) that I went and stayed up until 3:30a when I had work only 4 hours away AND spent $786 and some change on the iPhone 5. Never did I hesitate in making the decision, because I know this device is going to last me easily until I choose to get another one, people don't anticipate their iPhone to eventually die. You can't say that for many, if any, devices on the market today.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

Are you and I the same person? LOL

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Heckler, that is a brilliant idea. I'll bring those back to style.

Sorry...couldn't resist. My
point was that it doesn't matter what any of us think about what device you should get. It only matters what you feel best suits your needs. I just
used an extreme example to try to make the point.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am BriniaSona, I recently signed of for this site as well as Android Central and CrackBerry. Now I am here to ask someone to try and convince me why the iPhone should be my next cellphone. I won't state what device I am currently using, unless the site does when I post this. I'll just say that right now I am happily enjoying the phone I am using.

*This is probably the wrong part of the forums to post this and I apologize.

what kind of question is this are you some sort of king or something from the 14th century? who sits around and says hey you there convince why i should get this phone dude or girl you need to get a big mirror look into and ask this question. convince me why i shouldn't smash my head into you while looking at your self in the mirror. lol don't do it for real just tripping on this question....

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
though many say stay with the phone you are currently enjoying..i would say..sometimes change can be better.

i started with apple iphone product line since it's very first release. i guess this isn't exactly the perfect convincing evidence to throw at you because it shows i'm biased. but hey, doesn't mean i'm not open to any other products. i tried nexus and galaxy s2 skyrocket for awhile too: my main issue was the battery :(...

my prefs: the galaxy s2 skyrocket was way too big, i was so tied on the 3.5 in screen that i was extremely irritated by the fact that i couldn't text with one hand on the s2. so im glad that iphone 5 kept this feature (though it looks really funny 16:9) :)

but yeah, no one here is to convince you. give the top two phones you have in mind a try. sometimes change can be just the right fit.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I am BriniaSona, I recently signed of for this site as well as Android Central and CrackBerry. Now I am here to ask someone to try and convince me why the iPhone should be my next cellphone. I won't state what device I am currently using, unless the site does when I post this. I'll just say that right now I am happily enjoying the phone I am using.

*This is probably the wrong part of the forums to post this and I apologize.

All modern smartphones generally do mostly same things: Internet, email, gaming, music and phone calls. After having used blackberries and a few android phones and then the iPad and the iPhone I can tell you why I decided to go with Apple. First and the most important, outstanding product quality and materials used, and second reason is their exceptional customer service. I have had a horrible customer service experience with my android devices and only Apple's fast, and top notch issue resolution convinced me that I can fully trust this company and rely on their products. Now like I said all smartphones and tablets do the same tasks. But it's only Apple which products you will enjoy using for their best quality and not worry that if something goes wrong you'll have a hard time fixing it. And I'm saying that from a consumer's perspective that needs a reliable aestetically pleasing, beautiful product that just works, no compromises.
Trust me, it feels really good holding this beautiful piece of technology in your hand after those plastic phones.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien