Constant alerts/notifications about my Apple ID

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have 4 macs, 3 iPads, and 1 iPhone on the same Apple ID. Recently I am constantly being asked to enter my Apple ID password, and constantly getting messages on any of the devices that my Apple ID is now being used on one of my other devices. It is obnoxious and annoying already. I am also getting on my Macs that there was a problem with my iCloud settings and it asks me for my password. This is really getting rediculous because it is happening constanty.
I tried using the two factor authentication recently but that was a total nightmare. Every little thing I need to get a code, and it was never clear, I never got the code, my Apple TV 2 didn't work right with it.

Apple is really going downhill and it's a shame. They need to get back to the quality and standards that they had under Steve jobs.
It looks. Ore like Microsoft lately.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You posted in the "Ask A Question" section but you didn't ask a question.

Do you have a question?

How often is it occurring?

And your last paragraph is just ridiculous.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I didn't technically post a question, but it seems pretty obvious what I am asking. How do I solve this annoying problem?

Why is my last paragraph ridiculous? I just bought a MacBook Pro with touch bar. The whole USB c thing is a disaster. Even apple's own accessories don't work right with it. Constant issues with it. Do a google search and you will see tons of complaints. I am not complaining that it only has USB c, I am complaining that the USB c is at best beta. Way too many issues with it.

Do you have an Apple TV 2? Try using it with the two factor authentication.

I just tried to upgrade my wife's MacBook Air to Mac OS sierra. It said I didn't have enough hard drive space to upgrade, so I freed up some space and then it let me do the upgrade. Half way thru, it failed because I didn't have enough space. The MacBook was fried. Per Apple support I had to install Mac OS on an external hard drive so that I could access the MacBooks hard drive and salvage my files since the upgrade ruined my OS installation and rendered the computer unusable.

Things have gone way downhill since jobs died. People are getting tired of Apple already. The love affair has ended for many people.

lxipool123

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
Hey! I googled 40,000 photos and came across a thread of your comments ... can you PLEASE reach out to my via email and let me know what u ended up doing ?? As far as syncing them somewhere ... I have two kids and I would die if I lost all of these photos but my Mac book pro ((bought this year)) can't even download them... help! [Email address removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I didn't technically post a question, but it seems pretty obvious what I am asking. How do I solve this annoying problem?

Why is my last paragraph ridiculous? I just bought a MacBook Pro with touch bar. The whole USB c thing is a disaster. Even apple's own accessories don't work right with it. Constant issues with it. Do a google search and you will see tons of complaints. I am not complaining that it only has USB c, I am complaining that the USB c is at best beta. Way too many issues with it.

Do you have an Apple TV 2? Try using it with the two factor authentication.

I just tried to upgrade my wife's MacBook Air to Mac OS sierra. It said I didn't have enough hard drive space to upgrade, so I freed up some space and then it let me do the upgrade. Half way thru, it failed because I didn't have enough space. The MacBook was fried. Per Apple support I had to install Mac OS on an external hard drive so that I could access the MacBooks hard drive and salvage my files since the upgrade ruined my OS installation and rendered the computer unusable.

Things have gone way downhill since jobs died. People are getting tired of Apple already. The love affair has ended for many people.

The password issue happens from time to time. It was around even when Steve Jobs was still alive. The usual remedy is to sign out of iCloud and then sign back in.

As far as Apple going downhill, I wouldn’t go that far. Are they perfect? Nope. Can you make an argument that it would be a different company today if Jobs were still around? Possibly. While Apple has lost some customers that figure doesn’t even come close to the number of customers they’ve gained since Jobs died. Apple is an exponentially wealthier company with a much larger user base. The numbers don’t lie.

What is your issue with two-factor authentication on Apple TV? My older gen Apple TVs don’t have an issue. You just need to generate a password through http://appleid.apple.com and add it to the end of your usual password on Apple TV.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey! I googled 40,000 photos and came across a thread of your comments ... can you PLEASE reach out to my via email and let me know what u ended up doing ?? As far as syncing them somewhere ... I have two kids and I would die if I lost all of these photos but my Mac book pro ((bought this year)) can't even download them... help! [Email address removed]

Please do not post your email address on the forum per our Community Rules & Guidelines. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2