Chrome doesn't recognize GP Music

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

In Chrome, in the "Google Apps" setting, I've configured everything so that the browser opens the respective Google app when clicking on specific links (like youtube links, google drive files, etc).

But in the case of Google Play Music it just asks me to install the app, even though it's already installed.

I've already tried uninstalling both Chrome and GPM and start from scratch, but the same thing always happens. :confused:

This is happening on both my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 7 Plus, both running iOS 10.1.1.

Any thoughts on why this happens?

Kraizk

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. Mine just takes me to the itunes store in which case I can then open the app. On the google product forums it seems this issue has been reported.

I know originally GPM on the iphone had to be run in chrome as the app wasn't allowed on the store. This may just be a matter of some old code which will hopefully get righted soon.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. Mine just takes me to the itunes store in which case I can then open the app. On the google product forums it seems this issue has been reported.

I know originally GPM on the iphone had to be run in chrome as the app wasn't allowed on the store. This may just be a matter of some old code which will hopefully get righted soon.

Google Play Music didn't have to be run in Chrome browser. There were and are plenty of 3rd party Google Play Music apps in the App Store.

Last edited: