• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

ChatGPT 4.0 is coming to iPhone, iPad, and Mac free with iOS 18 and beyond

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how I feel about all that integration. It sounds like Apple is doing the right thing by asking me if I want to use ChatGPT before using it, but the fact it's so deeply integrated in the first place leaves me slightly unsettled. It's one thing if I decide to install something from OpenAI and use it myself, but having it interwoven at a system level is something entirely different.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how I feel about all that integration. It sounds like Apple is doing the right thing by asking me if I want to use ChatGPT before using it, but the fact it's so deeply integrated in the first place leaves me slightly unsettled. It's one thing if I decide to install something from OpenAI and use it myself, but having it interwoven at a system level is something entirely different.

I’m with you on this.

Reactions: Bla1ze

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it would be able to disable system-wide, instead of a prompt by prompt basis.

Reactions: Bla1ze

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Apple has studied this at great length, including all security and safety issues. They're not going to give us anything nefarious. This ain't Facebook or Google. It's Apple. And they're doing it right, like they do everything else. I have no reason not to trust this. Actually, I'm mostly interested in the image editing part of Apple Intelligence.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poplolzz