• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Change Siri's default search engine?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Can I make Siri search Duck Duck Go instead of Bing?

Siri will always search using Bing, regardless of what you have set as your default search engine, unless you specify otherwise in your Siri command. For example, instead of saying "Search for iMore" you can say "Search DuckDuckGo for iMore" or "Google iMore" and Siri will return results from those respective search engines.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Address Siri as Wolfram and it searches Wolfram Alpha.
fb5eabdc5a371c43b49da1e2621f78fa.jpg

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity: what's wrong with Bing being the search engine ?

Allegedly outside the Us, bing has poorer results. I personally love bing and I prefer to leave it as such. Especially since I don't want anything Google on my phone and I am not familiar with the other engine.

lmesfj

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I just heard about this new mobile search app GoPit, I checked it out and it's really cool. Gives you totally relevant results without all the extra junk. I read their privacy policy and they don't share personal info. I like that. Maybe siri could check it out lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin