Catalina is available!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm staying on Mojave for now. There is really nothing in Catalina that I absolutely need. The one thing that might have got me is the new Reminders app format, but I really manage all my reminders on my phone anyway.

When I do update I will likely install Mojave in a container on the disk just so I can run the one 32 bit app that I have that won't update - the app to manage my Logitech Harmony remote controls. (I could also do it in a Windows VM, so we'll see which way I go.)

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm still sitting on Mojave and waiting for macOS Catalina 10.15.6 which should be the final update for Catalina to decide to if I'm going to finally update or wait for the new macOS this fall. I've been hesitant to update because my brother's MacBook Pro which is similar to mine has been riddled with nothing but problems and he wishes he never upgraded from Mojave. I've been helping him troubleshoot his issues and it's been one thing after another which has left a bad taste in my mouth for Catalina. Guess I'll see what the final update brings.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
OK that pretty much does it - staying with Mojave which meets all my needs. A complication of living in the tropics is that even where a product may be available, reliable support can be more complex. Apple Care / Apple stores are not available. The one 'Apple Authorized Reseller' is where I bought this ( and my old iMac) were the ones who suggested waiting.
Since I have to co-ordinate with many aspects of life 'offshore' ie in Canada which is complex enough with work from home and many restrictions related to the pandemic, reliable access to my desktop, & printer scanner is critical now so I'm very hesitant to shake the tree for a fix to a device which works well.
But thanks for the input and I'll keep an ear open in the fall.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on Mojave on two systems, High Sierra on another (using the dosdude patch on a 2008 MBP, so I won't go further with that one), and Sierra on a Mac mini. At this point I believe I will wait and see what 10.16 brings in the fall and whether the commonly reported problems (namely, mail loss) are fixed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77