Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
we just got a new Buick that has CarPlay. How are you make your apps appear on the screen in the Buick? A friend of mine has his Pandora Spotify Apple Music app on the screen in the car

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those 3rd-party apps have to be installed on your iPhone and be compatible with CarPlay. Once they are installed, they should appear on the screen once CarPlay is enabled therein.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
how do you know if the car is compatible. it does have the button on the steering wheel like shown in CarPlay under settings. Nothing appears under devices though

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
how do you know if the car is compatible. it does have the button on the steering wheel like shown in CarPlay under settings. Nothing appears under devices though

Do you have your iPhone plugged into your car via USB? In my experience CarPlay should be come up as soon as you make the USB connection. Maybe try swapping the cable and make sure you’re using an OEM cable.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you have your iPhone plugged into your car via USB? In my experience CarPlay should be come up as soon as you make the USB connection. Maybe try swapping the cable and make sure you’re using an OEM cable.

I haven’t tried using a cable, do I try plugging in the phone into the USB charging port in the car

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t tried using a cable, do I try plugging in the phone into the USB charging port in the car

Yes, try plugging it into the USB port in the car. I don’t believe any American automakers offer wireless CarPlay at the moment.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, try plugging it into the USB port in the car. I don’t believe any American automakers offer wireless CarPlay at the moment.

it actually works. if in the near future it becomes totally wireless without having to plug in the USB will A software update do The trick or do we know since that probably a while off

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
it actually works. if in the near future it becomes totally wireless without having to plug in the USB will A software update do The trick or do we know since that probably a while off

A software update would probably do the trick but auto companies seem to ship this stuff as feature sets for particular models. I’m doubtful they’ll suddenly unlock the ability. It’s been there for a while and they would have done it already.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad