Can you recommend a software or a tool to export Live Photos?

NHGuy79

Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
I have a 128GB iPhone, plenty of live photos on it. I have them backed up to icloud; but I want to:
  1. Retain a copy of the JPG/HEIC
  2. Retain a copy of the Live photowhile retaining the phot EXIF data

I have OneDrive backup the HEIC/JPG files but it doesn't copy the mov files. I do not want to use Google or any other online service to get these files.

Is there a way to obtain these files via software or device while retaining the EXIF data? So strange that it's this difficult to make a copy of your files.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Software or tool to export Live Photos?

I have a 128GB iPhone, plenty of live photos on it. I have them backed up to icloud; but I want to:
  1. Retain a copy of the JPG/HEIC
  2. Retain a copy of the Live photo/video

I have OneDrive backup the HEIC/JPG files but it doesn't copy the mov files. I do not want to use Google or any other online service to get these files.

Is there a way to obtain these files via software or device? So strange that it's this difficult to make a copy of your files.

I have no problems whatsoever uploading video files from my iPhone’s Photos app to OneDrive. All of the videos I take of my son’s sporting events get uploaded to OneDrive as well as copied over to my external USB drive.

With that being said, are you not using the upload option from within the OneDrive app to upload your photos and videos to OneDrive?

NHGuy79

Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
Re: Software or tool to export Live Photos?

Hi- I'm sorry for the confusion, I've clarified the original post. When I said video, I meant the live photo. OneDrive makes a copy of the JPG and HEIC files but not the LivePhoto version of that photo.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Software or tool to export Live Photos?

Hi- I'm sorry for the confusion, I've clarified the original post. When I said video, I meant the live photo. OneDrive makes a copy of the JPG and HEIC files but not the LivePhoto version of that photo.

Understood, and thank you for clarifying. With that being said, while awaiting a reply from someone who may be able to assist you, take a look at This thread about the same topic.