Can I use the 1st gen iPad mini’s adapter to charge my iPad 6th gen?

I

iMore Question

Yesterday, to my horror, my iPad’s 10W adapter stopped working. And since we are in a lockdown, there’s nothing I can do. Stores are closed, etc. Fortunately I still had my 1st gen iPad mini’s adapter, I checked if it was working. It seems to be working just fine but takes twice as long to charge the iPad. It took nearly 7 and a half hours to charge it from 12%, all the way up to 100%. It makes sense because the iPad mini’s adapter has been rated at 5V-1A, while the 10W adapter is rated 5.1V-2A. So it makes sense that it took twice as long. My question is, can I use my iPad mini’s adapter without any issue? Will it harm the battery in the long run? It has also been made by apple, so I don’t think it should harm the battery. But just want to be sure.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, to my horror, my iPad’s 10W adapter stopped working. And since we are in a lockdown, there’s nothing I can do. Stores are closed, etc. Fortunately I still had my 1st gen iPad mini’s adapter, I checked if it was working. It seems to be working just fine but takes twice as long to charge the iPad. It took nearly 7 and a half hours to charge it from 12%, all the way up to 100%. It makes sense because the iPad mini’s adapter has been rated at 5V-1A, while the 10W adapter is rated 5.1V-2A. So it makes sense that it took twice as long. My question is, can I use my iPad mini’s adapter without any issue? Will it harm the battery in the long run? It has also been made by apple, so I don’t think it should harm the battery. But just want to be sure.

Sure

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
It was me who asked this question. I didn’t see that I was not logged in when I posted the question. So can I use the mini’s adapter without any damage to the battery in the long run?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77