Can I use FitBit leaderboards with the Apple Watch (never owned FitBit)?

I

iMore Question

Can I use fitbit leaderboards with Apple Watch (never owned fitbit)

Hello, i've been reading the sync solver methods and everything, BUT I have never owned a fitbit. I've been debating on that or an apple watch. I'm set on the apple watch but I love the concept of the leaderboards for fitbit. Am I able to set up a fitbit account without one to follow my friends (who i know own a fitbit) while still competing with them via apple watch??

Sorry I know this has been addressed, it's just i've never seen it addressed from someone who has never had either.

thank you in advance

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I use fitbit leaderboards with Apple Watch (never owned fitbit)

I don't think that will work. I think I read somewhere that SyncSolver doesn't really give you credit for things going from AW to Fitbit the way you think it ought to. I use SyncSolver to sync my Fitbit data to my Apple Health app that that works ok, I don't to it the other way around so can't really comment first hand, but I do remember reading something somewhere where someone complained about that.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I too like the Fitbit challenges with my co-workers but I own an Apple Watch. So I purchased a new Fitbit Alta. It is slim and to me looks like a bracelet. I wear both. AW on left arm and Alta on right. I was trying to find the time to charge my AW and not miss out on any calls or alerts and this has actually fixed the problem because the Alta has the silent alarms and sleep monitoring. I just turn off the phone notifications off on the Alta to not have both arms getting the alerts.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
You don't have to have a Fitbit to run the Fitbit app on your iPhone. The Fitbit app will use the phone's pedometer. Although I'm not aware of it, there may be an app that syncs Apple Watch and Fitbit. Since I always carry my iPhone, even when running, it provides data to the Fitbit app just fine. You can participate in leaderboard and basically anything else the same as if you had a Fitbit.

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

You can, but the steps recorded on the iPhone or watch do not count towards challenges. They will show in your personal scoreboard, but won't add to the leaderboard.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

You can, but the steps recorded on the iPhone or watch do not count towards challenges. They will show in your personal scoreboard, but won't add to the leaderboard.

The watch doesn't feed Fitbit results but the iPhone most certainly does. I participate in Fitbit challenges frequently and my steps show on the leaderboard just the same as those with Fitbits.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Watch for about a month now....this is the main reason I am considering picking up a Fitbit Alta. Fitbit's "social" aspect with friends and challenges is leaps an bounds over Apple. Obviously because Apple doesnt offer anything similar.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I was using the Fitbit app on my iphone and it seemed to work but you have to have the phone on you at all times to capture all your steps. Like when I was on the Elliptical I didn't have it on me it was just sitting there so nothing was being counted. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I picked up the Alta myself and all is good - to me best of both worlds and it works for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2