Calling all auto modders

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I noticed in the what do you drive thread there are some nice rides. I'm a serious modder and I was just wondering if there are any other modders on here. So post up your ride an a list of the mods so far and what you hope to do to it in the future.

99 VW Passat
Engine
1.8L Turbo 5Speed Manual
KKK K04 turbo upgrade
APR Turbo Inlet Pipe
Forge Diverter Valve
HiFlow catalytic converter
Removed stock resonator from exhaust and replaced stock piping with straight through stainless steel to dual DTM Magnaflow muffler
Audi RS Engine and Transmission mounts
Short shifter kit
Boost and Oil pressure gauge

Suspension
KW V2 coilovers lowered to 1 finger width between fender edge and top of tires
Audi RS4 reps rims 19x8.5 et 38 with 8mm wheel spacers(front) and 12mm(rear)
Audi A4 4 point strut brace

Cosmetics
Audi S5 style headlights
Jonboy tinted tail lights
Blacked out grill and trunk VW badges
Front bumper lower lip
Stock sideskirts paint matched
Side mirrors paint matched
Momo shift knob
Swap entire interior from silver to black
Passat GLX door cover with leather inserts swap

This year I'm hoping to get my Upsolute chipped ECU flashed to the upgraded turbo, change headlights for HID units, Change rims to 19" BBS LM reps

dsc4816g.jpg

dsc4814ou.jpg

dsc4809.jpg

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Boy do I ever the sound and power is just so tasty. Just say the word and I will trade anytime :D

I bought that Corvette one month after i retired from the Postal Service. It's the first one i've ever owned, and considering that it took me thirty years to get it, i don't think that i'll be getting rid of it anytime soon. Thanks for your generous offer, but no thanks.:D

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am constantly changing cars. Right now we've got a Volvo V70t5 manual putting down 350whp with a little help from iPD. I also just picked up a Grand Prix GTP to play with.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Recently got my GTI running again (tore her apart to upgrade some internals and replace some piss poor vw syncros in the tranny). She's a subtle but very fun car, and i learned enough about VW's working on it to where i know i'll never buy one again, lol! :D

391618404.jpg

- Eibach pro system with sways front and back
- APR chipped running 200whp for 4 years now, never had a problem or a thrown code (caused by the chip anyways, lol)
- Forge short shifter kit

...and a fresh set of conti sports recently that made it all come together nicely, handles well, power is usable (but still a bit much for front wheel drive, spins like hell without ETC on). Its entertaining, and paid off, lol! :D

We had a 2004 Z4 3.0i with some small mods done for a long time, but recently sold it and bought this...

397298354.jpg

2003 M3...laguna seca blue, SMG (what a god send of a transmission, holy crap i love it) and a slew of aftermarket stuff...

- 19" VMR VB3's (did 19x10 in the rear because i love the inset look of the rim, rubs a bit :( )
- Bilstein W0133's (my only regret, so much money and very limited adjustability, and no e-control for dampening, which tein offers for around the same cost)
- ZCP alcantera steering wheel
- ZCP alcantera SMG boot and e-brake boot
- Dinan intake system, throttle body and ECU tune (Stage 1)

...and my wallet called it quits after that, but its an amazing car, truth be told...it's a little much for my liking to use on the street, thinking about getting a rear gear change so that i can make the gearing a little more street friendly, right now the car is trouble...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ The new ones are such great roadsters...i really wish Mazda had put that kind of effort into them back when the S2000 was still a hot commodity, i think it would have developed them into even more stout performers...as a previous owner of an S2000, when i drove the new Miata, i was very impressed.

Even our Z4 didn't feel as planted or stable as that car does, it was truly the closest sporty roadster i've found to the honda we owned before.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
^^^ The new ones are such great roadsters...i really wish Mazda had put that kind of effort into them back when the S2000 was still a hot commodity, i think it would have developed them into even more stout performers...as a previous owner of an S2000, when i drove the new Miata, i was very impressed.

Even our Z4 didn't feel as planted or stable as that car does, it was truly the closest sporty roadster i've found to the honda we owned before.

Yeah, even stock, the Miata is a blast to drive. I loved the S2000 and jonesed after one badly... almost bought a Z3 several years back, but couldn't quite pull the trigger...

I'm afraid of my checkbook quitting on me once I get started :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Z3 would have seriously let you down, the chassis was geared more towards a cruiser type car, very soft, lots of body roll...all can be remedied with aftermarket products but in the end, unless it was one of the M variants, the Z3 was much lesser a car than your Miata, which i consider one of the best roadsters on the market today. (slowly becoming one of the ONLY real roadsters as sad as it is for me to say that).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've heard that about the Z3... I love the stiffness in the Miata... great cornering, very tight handling and great acceleration for a 2.0L 4-cylinder engine... it's a shame that they could not get the wankel engine perfected...

The cockpit is a bit tight for a larger guy like myself, but I am willing to suffer :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo