Calendar event for multiple calendars

essuietout

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
One of the greatest shortcomings. I SO wish this were an option. Example: my son has a piano recital so it needs to be on his calendar so my husband gets him there; but, I want to attend the recital and need the event on my work calendar so I don't get scheduled for a meeting then. Example: I have a work event one evening and won't be home.. The event is on my work calendar but I'd like to have that event on my home calendar too that I share with my husband so he knows I will be out for the night. Example: I have twins. They have separate activities but frequently have the same activity (dentist appointment)...it would be SO convenient to add this to the calendar once and with the click of a button have it added to both of their calendars.

kdtrm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Inviting multiple people so they can view the event is not a solution, because they aren't invitees (which could cause confusion), just need them to have a FYI that I have an event that I won't be available for. Also, it would be a pain to invite myself twice to show up on 2 calendars. Should be a way to just select multiple calendars when you add an event. Seems like an easy problem to fix, but all suggestions are cumbersome.

Fred Higginbotham

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The same event on multiple calendars would be useful for managing multiple unit under construction. Many times multiple units are scheduled for the same task on the same day. It would be nice to be able to add one event to multiple jobs, rather than need to enter it multiple times.

MickC79

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Any news on this. It seems there is definitely a demand.

Like many other people in this thread I have a work calendar and a separate calendar that I share with my wife. I would like my work events to show up in our shared calendar just so that she has eyes on my schedule.

Inviting isn't an option, mainly because it's clumsy and confusing. There should be a way to duplicate events or mirror calendars. Or tab an event into multiple calendars.

MickC79

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Great shout, petvas. It does indeed allow you to place events into multiple calendars but it's not the nicest looking app and there is a tiny bit of clumsiness around the UX.

Seems to be the closest we'll get just now though.

petvas72

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Great shout, petvas. It does indeed allow you to place events into multiple calendars but it's not the nicest looking app and there is a tiny bit of clumsiness around the UX.

Seems to be the closest we'll get just now though.

I like its looks a lot, especially the iPhone version. What don't you like about it? You can change a lot in the design if you want to. I suggest you play with it and see how you like it.

JEM1980

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
The reason I need to put this on multiple calendars is because I share my various calendars with different people. I am a consultant and I keep calendars for various clients. I give them access to see when I am free so when they want to schedule meetings they can see if I am booked or not. But I don't want them to see the details of my appointments, just that my time is booked. If I give them access to my main calendar with everything on it, they can see everything. If I just give them access to my calendar for them, they don't see I am booked elsewhere! Seems nuts to me that in this day and age we can't simply check which calendars we want an appointment to show up as "busy".

asatl

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
There is one obvious need - Those of us required to use exchange calendars for work cannot use the "time to leave" reminder on our phones without also entering the appointment in the default ios/icloud calendar since that function doesn't work with exchange calendars.

EdGioja

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
It happens to me all the time. On my iPhone, I want to see my work calendar and my home calendar. My home calendar is shared with my wife. She doesn't want to see my work calendar. Sometimes I have an even at work that I have to ensure my wife knows about so that she doesn't schedule something on the home calendar that will conflict. I don't want to take it off my WORK calendar, but I want to share it (and only it) on my Home calendar.

tony42187

May 6, 2019
Visit site
I don't think you can... and I'm trying to imagine a situation where that would be necessary in the first place.

What exactly are you trying to do? All of my events fall into one category or another... family, work, church, general, medical... I have calendars set up for my wife for her work, her general, etc... if it's something that we both need to know about/attend, it goes in FAMILY... otherwise, it goes were it fits best.

I ask the same question. I want to add a schedule to my calendar for when I work. I already have a calendar setup for my family to see so they know my work schedule, but I also have a work calendar that has a ton of things my family doesn't care to see, i.e. when orders are due, when product is coming, when venders are scheduled to order. My family doesn't want to see that… I also I my managers schedules in there and I want to include my schedule. So I want my schedule on my family shared calendar, and also on my work shared calendar.

tony42187

May 6, 2019
Visit site
I ask the same question. I want to add a schedule to my calendar for when I work. I already have a calendar setup for my family to see so they know my work schedule, but I also have a work calendar that has a ton of things my family doesn't care to see, i.e. when orders are due, when product is coming, when venders are scheduled to order. My family doesn't want to see that… I also have my other managers schedules in there and I want to include my schedule with theirs so we know when each manager will be on duty. So I want my schedule on my family shared calendar, and also on my work shared calendar.

JustinBC

Nov 6, 2019
Visit site
My solution for this was to create the event on my work calendar, save it, then I edit it on my phone and select (check) the family shared calendar then immediately select the work calendar again. By the time I am back to calendar view the new calendar event shows up on both calendars.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2