By iphone outright vs paying over time?

David9723

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I want to buy two new iphone 12 pro max's, i have enough money to buy them outright. I am currently on verizon pre-paid on a iphone 8 that cost me $60 a month for two of them.

Is it worth buying them outright? I would save around $1,500 buying them outright over the 30 months verzion requires you to pay.

Suggestions?

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I want to buy two new iphone 12 pro max's, i have enough money to buy them outright. I am currently on verizon pre-paid on a iphone 8 that cost me $60 a month for two of them.

Is it worth buying them outright? I would save around $1,500 buying them outright over the 30 months verzion requires you to pay.

Suggestions?

I paid for mine outright through Apple, to keep my Verizon bill the same price. I get peace of mind not having to make a device payment. If I want to upgrade next year, I’ll either sell my device or trade in through Apple and buy outright again. I hate the carriers 30-36 months plans they have. It don’t benefit a person who upgrades every year or every 2 years.

David9723

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Where can you buy them outright? On apples website it makes me pick a cell phone carrier.

BTW i guess you pay tax buying them outright?

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Where can you buy them outright? On apples website it makes me pick a cell phone carrier.

BTW i guess you pay tax buying them outright?

I bought the Sim free version which do not ask for a carrier and yes I paid the tax in addition to the cost of the device.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think that if you have the money then buying it out right is the best way to go. You’ll save a ton of money from not having to pay interest.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Plus if you’re making device payments, it’ll make your monthly bill higher. For example, I have the highest Verizon unlimited plan and am paying less than $100 monthly because I don’t have device payments. With the device payments, I would’ve been looking at paying $160 a month.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have bought many devices paying cash upfront and also have financed several through T Mobile. If you have the cash to buy them upfront, then that’s probably the best way to go.

I usually only finance them for less then six months and pay the device off. In the end you have to look at what works best for your current financial situation and base your decision on that.