Simplicity and Quality the iPhone Success Story

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Being I am pretty much retired now and I now get a chance to talk to a lot of folks about what makes them continue to buy the Apple iPhone and Apple products.

I find the majority of the folks I talk to say the same thing over and over. Simplicity and value added products.

In today’s world of online shopping and everyone looking for the best deal they can get and trying to save a dime. I find this amazing for a company that back in the mid 90’s was struggling to compete with the PC market.

This only shows what good marketing, quality products, customer support and a warranty second to none will do for a company.

I hear a lot of folks knock Apple and say their products are overpriced and so on. I look at it with a different perspective and from a business standpoint.

You don’t become one of the biggest and most profitable companies in the world by building mediocre products. You get there by delivering what the consumer has asked for and supporting the products you build.

It’s called basic business concepts 101 and is exactly the formula for any successful business. Just my two cents worth.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well stated, sir....:)....I remember people wondering how well Apple would do under Tim Cook's helm, but apparently he has done quite well. From a person standpoint, I do wish Apple would hold one or two events a year as well as stop the leaks. I haven't been "excited about getting" an upcoming Apple product in years because by the time it's introduced, we already know everything about it.....:)

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Well stated, sir....:)....I remember people wondering how well Apple would do under Tim Cook's helm, but apparently he has done quite well. From a person standpoint, I do wish Apple would hold one or two events a year as well as stop the leaks. I haven't been "excited about getting" an upcoming Apple product in years because by the time it's introduced, we already know everything about it.....:)

I agree about trying to stop the product leaks, as I said “trying”. The same thing happens in the auto industry and they have even went as far as using camouflage paint to hide the body lines and make it impossible or take accurate photos of their prototype vehicles they have to test on the open roads.

As with any successful product manufacturer, they spent a lot of time and resources trying to keep their future products safe from prying eyes, but it’s just human nature that their are folks out there who want to see what’s coming down the pike.

As far as having an event twice a year, I am all for it and it needs to be more regional and not just In California. Why not use cities like New York, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Miami, Orlando, Knoxville, Atlanta who have large convention centers where they could have a great product review and it could even be a traveling one over a period of two months.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree completely with the OP, Before I was given a “surplus to requirements” iPhone 3GS I had a long string of cheap phones that were all worn out,well before the contract was up, it just was not worth buying top of the range, because they were obsolete so quickly ! I still have my 4 and 4s (both working) My XS will easily go till ‘22 when I will take a look ... Quality is the answer. That and the fact I can work the thing !

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi bakron, I remember you from good old Crackberry times, as an enthusiastic Blackberry advocate, like myself.
I'm all in with Apple (phone(s), tablet, pencil, watch, mac), but still enjoy this deeply satisfying feeling of typing on my old Bolds or Key2, which I keep for sentimantal reasons.
So I wonder, what if the promises of this company OnwardMobility come true, to release a new 5G BB PKB phone in 2021, and if that turns out to be really really good? Would you consider moving back to BB? Or is that horse out the barn for you?
I'm torn. I love the Mac & the Watch, like the iPhone and the interoperability, but not t a degree that I just have to have an iPhone. I would not want to give my Mac away though. There is no way back to Windows for me.
What do you think? Back to BB thinkable?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi bakron, I remember you from good old Crackberry times, as an enthusiastic Blackberry advocate, like myself.
I'm all in with Apple (phone(s), tablet, pencil, watch, mac), but still enjoy this deeply satisfying feeling of typing on my old Bolds or Key2, which I keep for sentimantal reasons.
So I wonder, what if the promises of this company OnwardMobility come true, to release a new 5G BB PKB phone in 2021, and if that turns out to be really really good? Would you consider moving back to BB? Or is that horse out the barn for you?
I'm torn. I love the Mac & the Watch, like the iPhone and the interoperability, but not t a degree that I just have to have an iPhone. I would not want to give my Mac away though. There is no way back to Windows for me.
What do you think? Back to BB thinkable?

As you know I have a deep loyalty to the Blackberry brand and I am still active on the CB forums. I am excited about the new BB 5G model and I am hopeful it will be available later this year.

I am also a loyal Apple user and have been using their products in my business since 2008 and won’t use anything else.

I gave up on Windows years ago and only had VMWare on one of my iMacs because of a couple of clients who required me to use some Windows based engineering software, but now it’s no longer required and the VMWare has been deleted and both my iMacs are running Big Sur 11.2.

The COVID situation has put a lot of things on the back burner for many companies and I am hoping 2021 will see things get somewhat back to normal, god willing.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
. Blackberry, then from RIM, were my first totally connected smartphones. My Palm Pilot then a Treo were probably more limited by infrastructure than device itself. I do also use a couple of Androids ( smaller & simple Samsungs) for travel, to save roaming costs and in the case of Canada, to generate a wifi 'hot-spot' to more securely support iPhone & iPad rather than using public wifi or hotel networks.
At home, I considered running 'BootCamp' or 'Parallels' to access 'Windows only software' on my desk - this was in 2012- but with most things becoming web-based and no longer needing anything for work connections ( I'd retired by then, so I didn't bother.) But home or abroad,  'carries the can'.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
In my day job a new order picking platform is growing the Android count and our MDM (Cisco Meraki) is kind of a reminder of Blackberry days. For enterprise and personal we see a lot of overall satisfaction with Apple and it's growing now that Apple's legit as an enterprise vendor.

One thing to consider with non-Apple products is quality and consistency can be all over. Apple only has first tier build and support. You can compare some of our purchases to that but Apple doesn't have the cheap hardware available with Android and Windows.

The simplicity criticism doesn't bother me. I have no shortage of stuff not simple in technology management. Some I know in that scenario still like the tweaking and options with Android and others like me are fine with Apple platform. Blackberry fans still exist and some dream for their Linux phones but I'm not wasting any time with those. It would eat up the precious time for exercise, music and other things I'll call well being.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2