Bluetooth Streaming Audio Battery Issues?

skimore2020

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I use my iPhone5 to stream my Spotify Premium Offline playlist to my Pioneer radio in my car. I have been noticing that my battery life is greatly affected. I did an experiment this morning to see just how much it drained my battery. My phone just finished charging to 100% when I took it off of my charger and connected it to my car radio. I didn't get any email, text messages, etc. and I made sure to kill all of my apps except for Spotify. I have a 25 minute drive to work and as soon as I pulled into the parking lot my phone had 86% left!!!

Another thought...I have listened to my Jaybird bluetooth headphones for an hour before and my battery only dropped around 8%.

Any ideas? Or anyone else experiencing this?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Streaming via bluetooth will deplete battery faster than when not streaming... what I'd do is get a car charger that outputs a sufficient amperage to operate the phone, and charge if necessary... a car charger advertised as being sufficient to charge an iPad will suffice.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Streaming via bluetooth will deplete battery faster than when not streaming... what I'd do is get a car charger that outputs a sufficient amperage to operate the phone, and charge if necessary... a car charger advertised as being sufficient to charge an iPad will suffice.

That?s exactly how I roll ... I use a Belkin has a 2A (or 2.1A) car charger that I got at Best Buy for about $15.

skimore2020

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I understand it will deplete the battery by having it on, but any thoughts on why the drastic difference between my car radio and my bluetooth stereo headphones? Shouldn't the phone use the same amount of battery for any device?

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I understand it will deplete the battery by having it on, but any thoughts on why the drastic difference between my car radio and my bluetooth stereo headphones? Shouldn't the phone use the same amount of battery for any device?

I believe that it has to do with whether the device uses a different bluetooth version. There are several now up-to 4.0.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2