Battery issues using charging pad

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I use a Samsung charging pad to charge my X overnight. Lately I have been noticing a massive drain.

I am a pretty heavy user and while I can usually get 12 hours out of the charge during the day, I find that it is after that where the charge weakens.

When I return home after work, I charge the phone again but on this second charge, I notice the battery runs out much faster.

I am just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this kind of issue. Is it worth taking to the Genius Bar for them to run a test?

Andrew Clark1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
No issues on either side here. I did order my lady a cheap wireless charger online and it looks cool and all but it makes the phone warm.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I only seem to notice it with the charging pad. How long does yours last with a full charge on a charging pad

I personally don't use wireless charging. For me it's more space constraints than anything else. My night stand is pretty small, so I don't really have room for it.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I only seem to notice it with the charging pad. How long does yours last with a full charge on a charging pad

I use the Belkin charging pad that I got at the Apple store with my iPhone x and, while I am not a heavy user, I get home after a 11 hour day at work with around 70% battery left.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I haven't noticed any difference from charging via my belkin charging pad or my lightning cable. I would definitely go into Settings>battery and then scroll down to check your usage. As others have suggested, it could be an App gone rogue. You can also call Apple Support, and they can can log into your phone and check the battery that way. I did that a couple of months ago, and its really easy to do.

Good luck and keep us posted.