BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I found this thread. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same trouble. It seems so.
My BeWeather Pro app quit working last Sunday. It finally just started working today. The next hour is working, too.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
My reported at time (and updated weather) is not updating for any location unless I manually update. Is anyone else having this issue?

Any ideas on how to fix?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My reported at time (and updated weather) is not updating for any location unless I manually update. Is anyone else having this issue?

Any ideas on how to fix?

I don't seem to be having that issue, but notifications are not coming through for me. Other than that, everything else seems to be fine. I do love this app!!

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I tried deleting. Reset my phone. Then reinstalled. I have background refresh set to on and location service set to always.

It is still not updating reported at.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Any ideas on how to fix?

Mine does that way some. It updates when I open the app. Not sure what causes that. As soon as I land on a personal weather station, it updates. It seems to be a push issue. It's done that way a long time for me. Pulling down on the menu screen to refresh is about all you can do.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No, the app updates when I open it... but when we get bad weather, I don't get notifications like I do from other apps.

It updates when I open it as well, but I do get storm notifications when needed.
162464926c70ea4853fe6db425fa7a64.png

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just looked and when I open the app, it's telling me that "possible light rain starting in 45 min", which is great. But I'm not getting the notifications for severe weather on my lock screen. They've always been sporadic. It looks like we may have some severe weather headed our way, so I'll update if I do or don't get a notification!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just looked and when I open the app, it's telling me that "possible light rain starting in 45 min", which is great. But I'm not getting the notifications for severe weather on my lock screen. They've always been sporadic. It looks like we may have some severe weather headed our way, so I'll update if I do or don't get a notification!

But does it update the temp when you open it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have used every version of BeWeather and am currently using BeWeather 2 Pro and am an original Beta Tester for Pfluger since he started this app for Blackberry and recently I notice no matter what I have location set for this app which is 'Always' it does not update. I also deleted the app because there was an update not too long ago and thought that might have had something to do with it and reinstalled it. For several days no data at all was available and slowly everything started to fill back in. It still does not update like it use to by simply opening the app. I never had to have Location Services turned on which I never do unless I am using Maps or an app that needs to have this turned on.
The only way I can now update data is to turn on Location Services and open the app. It then updates and I then turn Location Services off. Who wants to do this all the time. I know this app better than most and I have written the Dev. Henrik (Pfluger) about it and have not heard back yet.
I am wondering if he made the app to have Location Services on to update? If that is the case I am going to use the native weather app and forego BeWeather I am sorry to say. Well we shall see what is going on when I hear from him.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Pfluger please read my post on the last page of this thread and I also sent you an email about this issue, Received an auto reply trouble ticket and am waiting for an answer. Thank you.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
@pfluger
BeWeather 2 hasn't worked since yesterday morning. It's not updating at all on any PWS. Others are having the same issue.

You and spencer should read my last post as it seems I am in with the rest of you. Sad this app was great and now - Not so good and the Dev knows this. I have contacted him direct about ALL the issues.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, pfluger. It may not seem like it at times, but we do appreciate you and your BeWeather app. Thank you again.

I believe we all think the same way but a paid app is a paid app and there are still too many issues with the app as of today. Thank you.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Any ideas on how to fix?
I am experiencing the same thing as You as many others and it seems like a sporadic situation. I contacted the Dev. about it. Waiting to hear back. Hang in there. He will look into this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
We had severe thunderstorms yesterday and this morning. No alerts from BeWeather 2 at all, even after I refreshed it in the App. This app has had a "push" problem for a long time. Whatever the cause of it, it needs to be fixed. Weather alerts are important, and should be top priority to fix. I don't understand why they don't work for BeWeather, but do for other weather apps I have. If it's not the app, then maybe the server used needs a change.
@pfluger Many of us love BeWeather 2, but it needs to work. For now, it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy