Best Way To Transfer Photos Wirelesly

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Without using iPhoto, what are the best ways to transfer photos Wirelesly from the iPhone to a certain folder in the Pictures folder on a Mac?

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Airdrop works most of the time and doesn't seem to have a size or file limit. I transfered a lot of videos that came out to be over 3gb with no problems

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay, how does airdrop actually work. I believe the transfer is done not by wifi but bluetooth? Can I select which folders I want the pictures to airdrop to on my mac? Does it take a long time to transfer? I'm talking about 10-15 pictures and is it a full resolution transfer.

Thanks

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay, how does airdrop actually work. I believe the transfer is done not by wifi but bluetooth? Can I select which folders I want the pictures to airdrop to on my mac? Does it take a long time to transfer? I'm talking about 10-15 pictures and is it a full resolution transfer.

Thanks

1, It uses Bluetooth LE
2. Mine go into the Downloads folder
3. Not sure what you consider a 'long time' - IMO, no
4. Yes, full res transfers

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
AirDrop is good. Are you referring to something like Dropbox? You could designate a folder for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow lol I should have been using airdrop. I've just been sending it to myself via imessage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's very weird I can send photos with airdrop from Mac to my iPhone but I can't send photos from iPhone to Mac 

There have been moments when my Mac doesn't show up on the AirDrop list. Usually I can force the issue by opening Finder and navigating to the Airdrop location via the left side menu.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
There have been moments when my Mac doesn't show up on the AirDrop list. Usually I can force the issue by opening Finder and navigating to the Airdrop location via the left side menu.

Ya I tried. I've read that a lot people are experiencing this. Maybe future updates will fix this but the technology is definitely not there yet. Good idea, but it's broken. I'll have to find some other way to to transfer my photos. I can't do it in iPhoto because the Mac is shared and it has a different icloud log in then my phone. I want the photos on the Mac from my phone and would love to find a way to transfer them by wifi.