Best way to get an X?

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Hello, my iPhone X isn’t shipping until 1st December and I would prefer not to wait that long. In store pick up in the London area seems to be non existent as the Apple app indicates that there is no stock anywhere. So I am just wondering if anyone has any luck going to a store for opening time and snagging a device? I know Apple had some phones for walk in customers on launch day, but has anyone managed to get one since then by just walking into a store?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my iPhone X isn’t shipping until 1st December and I would prefer not to wait that long. In store pick up in the London area seems to be non existent as the Apple app indicates that there is no stock anywhere. So I am just wondering if anyone has any luck going to a store for opening time and snagging a device? I know Apple had some phones for walk in customers on launch day, but has anyone managed to get one since then by just walking into a store?

I am sure stores have some, you will just have to go in and see. As stock begins to meet demand you will see more in store also.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I did not pre-order my iPhone X, yet, I was able to walk into an Apple Store and buy it the day after it’s official release. Like the others have stated, just check the availability from that specific Apple Store via the Apple Store app on your iPhone. Install it from the App Store if you haven’t already.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I did not pre-order my iPhone X, yet, I was able to walk into an Apple Store and buy it the day after it’s official release. Like the others have stated, just check the availability from that specific Apple Store via the Apple Store app on your iPhone. Install it from the App Store if you haven’t already.

The stores around me had stop the day after release but I haven’t seen any availability since then. Has anyone else?

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Depending on when you ordered, you might not have to wait until December 1st. I ordered through Verizon and had a Dec. 1 ship date. Mine shipped this morning and will arrive on Thursday.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
considering getting another x this saturday. thinking about going to the apple store 30-45mins before they open. i wonder if they will have any like they did last saturday..

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sign up on isinstock.com. I was sitting at home on Saturday night playing with another unnamed device when I got my isinstock notification that my local  store had iPhone Xs available for pickup. I ordered immediately and on Sunday morning I was the proud owner of a space grey, 64GB iPhone X...just 2 days after release

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I ran into Sam's Club today to grab a few things. Randomly asked the mobile salesman about wait times on the X in passing. He was like, I have 2. You want one :D .. Heck yea bro. Walked out with a 64GB model in Space Grey.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all for your advice - I saw this morning that Apple had some 64gb in stock in some of its London stores but only for a few seconds!

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm the same here in the SF Bay Area. Stores had them for 2 days after launch, then suddenly dried up and haven't seen any stock since.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Every Apple store and Best Buy in the Detroit area here are sold out, my friend bought one off Craigslist and the seller only charged him and extra hundred over retail and gave him the recepit to verify the device is paid off and free and clear.

If you do decide to go the eBay or Craigslist route, make sure the seller has a receipt showing the device is paid off, a lot of folks are buying ones that are being finanaced and are shocked and heartbroken when the phone gets shut off after a month because the bill has not been paid. Just giving folks a heads up.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I was just the my local Apple store to pick up a case and they said they update inventory every morning at 6am. There were several people there wanting to buy the X and this is what several reps said to them.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Every Apple store and Best Buy in the Detroit area here are sold out, my friend bought one off Craigslist and the seller only charged him and extra hundred over retail and gave him the recepit to verify the device is paid off and free and clear.

If you do decide to go the eBay or Craigslist route, make sure the seller has a receipt showing the device is paid off, a lot of folks are buying ones that are being finanaced and are shocked and heartbroken when the phone gets shut off after a month because the bill has not been paid. Just giving folks a heads up.

Look on the Apple app during the day after they open. I’ve found some here and there in the Detroit area. That’s where you’ll find one.

I bought the 8 Plus yesterday and for some reason I’m still looking at the X like I might trade.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77