BBM Release Date?

sandy the game

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone notice battery drain as when I minimise BBM have notice my phone battery drains fast compare to when it's close

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
What word did they "keep"? Is it still last week? :)

I remember almost 3 years ago when I first got my first android phone, coming fresh off blackberry storm 2 and they were already rumors of the BBM coming to iphone and android within the next 12 months. Never happened :/ I downloaded it just for fun but don't really see myself using it as much as I did 3 years ago. More likely ill use it to have conversations and make friends from the imore community rather than use it for me and my friends. About time none the less.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
this is probably a common statement by BB users

Absolutely. I had people that were only BBM contacts and not cellular contacts. To Chad would never call because they are in different countries. Love to get reunited with them.

Well it is what it is.

ghundiraj

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
this is probably a common statement by BB users

Actually it is not...since I'm one of them... I can tell you.... this will help you remove the doubt....we're a lot of us here as well...you could just ask us.....but that would "probably" not be the most "common" way for you to get your facts (see what I did there?)

Last edited:

pcguy514

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I remember almost 3 years ago when I first got my first android phone, coming fresh off blackberry storm 2 and they were already rumors of the BBM coming to iphone and android within the next 12 months. Never happened :/ ... About time none the less.

rumor: A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

fact: Knowledge or information based on real occurrences:

mundo472

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
As an old Red Sox fan, I am.familiar with great promise too often unfulfilled. BlackBerry has provoked that familiar feeling too often for sure. However, BlackBerry also has streaks of brilliance. Once you get a taste for that kind of ride, it's enjoyable. Haters, on the other hand, are always looking to vent their spleen and beyond reasonable criticism, that's all it is. The forums are a good place for them because we can just click on to the next discussion. The haters, you will always have with you. :)
You can't reasonably deny BBM is a great msg platform and 10 miillion+ downloads suggest they've made a terrific splash. And I'm enjoying the ride.

Brutal Efficiency

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

Never heard of this saying before. I like it though, but find it inaccurate for the use it was intended for.

They announced the release over a year ago.

Dog years? About 3 dog years actually. Human years? About 0.40 human years (5 months).

How many "false starts" did they have?

One, to be precise. You are implying that they have had many false starts with BBM.

They FINALLY release it and you?re calling that a "win".

So, to you, what is a win? I mean, it has already ousted the big name apps for most downloaded app within 24 hours. I believe Instagram at its best had 10 MILLION downloads in 10 days (240 hours). BBM achieved that within 24 hours. As far as I am aware, Facebook hasn't even achieved 10 million downloads in 24 hours.

So, if possibly setting a world record is not a win? Then what is?

BBM for iOS is way too little, way too late, packed in a great big box of "meh".

Tens of millions disagree with you. Too little too late? Perhaps they should take a page from Apple's cross platform Social Networking/Instant Messenger examples.... for. I guess when they release a Social Networking app, it'll be even later.

I am sorry if I sound rude. I just don't see why this post was liked by an iMore Ambassador when it is inaccurate.

I have many Apple products, and see their high points and low points. The exact same goes for my BlackBerry products. BlackBerry users cannot deny the excellent points that iOS has brought to the market, and it would be a shame for iPhone users to not think the same and essentially forget who brought the Smartphone into the hands of regular consumers and not just a small niche. Sure, BlackBerry has made mistakes, BIG mistakes, but don't discredit BlackBerry for areas that it still shines bright in.

I'm not preaching guys, but I'm just asking that we never forget where it all started.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77