Battery problem, iPhone 6 and iOS 10

Luxion

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 6 hasn't missed a beat since I've had it.

Worked fine on ios10 up until this morning. sonnerie iphone

Battery showing 25%, but as soon as I unlock and try to use it, battery drops to 1% then the phone shuts down.

Connected to external battery pack, phone shows 25% again, then as soon as I unplug the battery pack it drops back to 1% and shuts off again.

I've powered down the phone and re started, and it seems to be ok off the charger pack now.

Anyone else had similar issues?
sonnerie gratuite

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

My suggestion would be to do a hard reset. Hold the power & home button at the same time until you see the  logo. Then release the buttons and wait for it to finish. Hopefully this will solve the problem for you. This could also be signs of a battery that is dying. If the hard reset does not work for you, I suggest making a genius appointment or going to an Apple Reseller and have your phone looked at. The genius can tell you if it is time to replace the battery. Thanks!

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6s (less than a year old) all of a sudden has gone funny on battery.

Apple are the only people who will be able to tell you if your battery is faulty or not but the steps they'll put you through will probably be similar to me

1. Restore the phone and restore a backup and monitor the battery
2. Restore the phone and set up as new with no backup restored and monitor the battery

Good luck

BillyBreathes

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
These are all great suggestions, I',m having some battery issues as well and will try these fixes. One quick question, what is reasonable battery life for moderate work day use?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77