Battery Draining on iPhone5

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
About 2 weeks or so ago I noticed that my battery has been draining really fast. I've went as far as restoring the phone as a new iPhone and didn't restore from backups. It dropped 30% in 2 hours while it was sitting on my desk not being used.

Is there any good apps out there that can tell me what is using the battery. This phone is less than a year old.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
About 2 weeks or so ago I noticed that my battery has been draining really fast. I've went as far as restoring the phone as a new iPhone and didn't restore from backups. It dropped 30% in 2 hours while it was sitting on my desk not being used.

Is there any good apps out there that can tell me what is using the battery. This phone is less than a year old.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in regarding any monitoring apps, however, if you have the time, can you restore your device as new again, but this time, do not install any apps or configure any social networking features like Twitter & Facebook for like a couple of hours. You can, however, configure your email and calendar stuff. Check to see how your battery holds up then. If it drains fast under those conditions then it is safe to assume your battery may be defective and you should consider making a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store. If the battery holds up like it should then you know it's related to an app or a settings, in my opinion.

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I turned off my corp. sync email. Configured other email to only check once an hour. Still draining way to fast in my opinion.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site

It's worth it to try and install a battery yourself. Apple may charge a bit too much

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's still under warranty so no need to pay for a battery yourself and then void the warranty by opening up the phone. Just follow D's advice and take it to Apple. They may just swap it out for a new device on the spot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2