Base Mac mini with xplane

pfir

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
My 2010 mini did ok with xplane, but after a spilled glass of water toasted the logic board I'm looking to upgrade. I don't need top grade performance and the mini is best for my other needs. Is the 2014 base or mid range model reasonable in speed, graphics and memory with the 8 gb upgrade? Thanks for any advice.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you were able to get by without a problem with the 2010 model then any newer model should be even more beneficial to you, in my opinion....:)

pfir

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Just me.D. I guess I'm looking for specific experience with the Mac mini as I've seen lots of complaints about Xplane user interface as well as frame rate and connection problems with the newer Mac minis. It's the most portable desk top going which is what I need more than high resolution gaming. I just don't want to buy one and regret it later.

bellycat

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Just me.D. I guess I'm looking for specific experience with the Mac mini as I've seen lots of complaints about Xplane user interface as well as frame rate and connection problems with the newer Mac minis. It's the most portable desk top going which is what I need more than high resolution gaming. I just don't want to buy one and regret it later.

That's not at all true. While small, the Mac Mini is at least twice the size of the Lenovo M92 Tiny Form Factor, for instance. I know, I have both.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad