Back to IPad

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
So I used an IPad 2 until May 2013 and loved it. I got a new job at that time and they gave me a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10 to use for work and we were allowed to use for personal use as well. I gave the wife the iPad. The tab worked fine for work for the apps designed for my job. But for personal use is a different story. The multimedia experience nowhere compared to the iPad. In June 2014 I got promoted at work. Being I was now running the office and field operation I needed a laptop to be more mobile. Or so I thought. I tried the Microsoft surface Pro three. As a laptop pretty good unit as a tablet not so much. Too big to be a good tablet not all the apps I need are there yet and what I found when I was not working trying to watch something like showtime anywhere or HBO go was a horrible experience. So earlier this week I returned The pro three and picked up an iPad Air 128 GB with Verizon access. I purchased the Apple wireless keyboard as well as the zag rugged keyboard case so that I could use it as a laptop if I need. It's been one complete work week and the iPad air is what I've been missing for a year. I have office 365 on here works perfectly. I have remote access to my desktop at work through the iPad, works great. Anyway just thought I'd share my experience and probably never stray from and iPad again. As far as the zag keyboard case though a little heavy really really works well. With no need for the keyboard it separates so the iPad becomes pretty lite again, anyway just to let you know that as well. One more great feature I was able to post this whole post by speaking to the iPad.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
So I used an IPad 2 until May 2013 and loved it. I got a new job at that time and they gave me a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10 to use for work and we were allowed to use for personal use as well. I gave the wife the iPad. The tab worked fine for work for the apps designed for my job. But for personal use is a different story. The multimedia experience nowhere compared to the iPad. In June 2014 I got promoted at work. Being I was now running the office and field operation I needed a laptop to be more mobile. Or so I thought. I tried the Microsoft surface Pro three. As a laptop pretty good unit as a tablet not so much. Too big to be a good tablet not all the apps I need are there yet and what I found when I was not working trying to watch something like showtime anywhere or HBO go was a horrible experience. So earlier this week I returned The pro three and picked up an iPad Air 128 GB with Verizon access. I purchased the Apple wireless keyboard as well as the zag rugged keyboard case so that I could use it as a laptop if I need. It's been one complete work week and the iPad air is what I've been missing for a year. I have office 365 on here works perfectly. I have remote access to my desktop at work through the iPad, works great. Anyway just thought I'd share my experience and probably never stray from and iPad again. As far as the zag keyboard case though a little heavy really really works well. With no need for the keyboard it separates so the iPad becomes pretty lite again, anyway just to let you know that as well. One more great feature I was able to post this whole post by speaking to the iPad.

Congrats on your promotion!! I too use an iPad 4G with AT&T data for my job, with my folio case & wireless keyboard make life so easy. Don't miss lugging around the heavy laptop and I too can remote in to my PC and company server with Cisco AnyConnect app. Keep on enjoying your iPad! 👍

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an Air (on T-Mobile) along with MacBook Air. About half my work is done on the iPad, and I can see me using it a little more eventually but I'll still need the Macook for a few things.

Hindsight being 20/20, I didn't think I'd ever need or want a carrier based iPad and now there's no way I'd get one without it.

_-TechnologyTwitt-_
iPad Air / Space Gray / 16GB
T-Mobile * 5GB Data

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My iPad Air is a Verizon with 128 GB. I don't use a keyboard with it because for me, the whole point of a tablet is to do away with the keyboard. I still can't believe how much lighter than my old iPad 4 this thing is. So far I love it.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The tablet market seems to be owned my Apple. I have yet to find another tablet that I would say is near the level of the iPad. I love my Air and there isn't another device that can replace it. Congrats on your Air.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The tablet market seems to be owned my Apple. I have yet to find another tablet that I would say is near the level of the iPad. I love my Air and there isn't another device that can replace it. Congrats on your Air.

My only experience with Android tablets have been a galaxy tab 2, an original nexus 7 and an Asus memo pad and they were not great. Of course they are mid range devices at best so it's kind of unfair to compare them to a high end ipad. However I've been so happy with my ipad Air and iPad mini 1st gen that I'm not in a rush to try another Android tablet.

Posted via my galaxy S5

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had ipad3, ipad4' galaxy note 10.0 and galaxy note pro. And while the notes have some pretty cool features, I ended up going back to iPad with the iPad Air. It may not have the cool bells and whistles that the note pro had, but it does what it does flawlessly. I'm quite pleased with it.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had ipad3, ipad4' galaxy note 10.0 and galaxy note pro. And while the notes have some pretty cool features, I ended up going back to iPad with the iPad Air. It may not have the cool bells and whistles that the note pro had, but it does what it does flawlessly. I'm quite pleased with it.

What didn't you like about the Note Pro?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Right now, I have the 128GB Mini Retina, Verizon Air, and Tab S 10.5.

The 10.5 S was purchased to be more of a PDF reader. Sometimes you just need a bit more real estate than the mini can offer. However, the PDF experience between the Tab S and Retina Mini are just night and day. Way faster and smoother on the mini so I got the Air on Craigslist for a killer deal and haven't looked back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855