Avid iPhone lover! Get 6 or wait for 6S?

Billy Jo

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. Love this forum and love my Apple iPhone! I had a 4, 4S then stupidly went android for awhile (never again) then came back to the 5 and 5C.

My iPhone 5 I have now is pretty much burnt out. Freezes all the time, battery draining, slow... Etc. it's just almost 3 years old and wasn't taken care of properly by the previous owner.
SO I am wanting to get the iPhone 6. My question is... Is that a bad move? Should I wait until September for the 6S? I really don't want to because this current phone is pretty bad and I don't really have any options to use another phone in the interim. I suppose I could use my sister in laws LG G3 Vigor but that just sounds awful.

With having this phone for the next 2 years, I want to make sure I am making the right choice. I love everything I have seen and read about the 6, but just wanted to ask your alls advice.

Thank you so much! (-:

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My advice: If you can wait for the 6S, that is what I would recommend. However, if you cannot wait, I don't think you will regret purchasing the iPhone 6. My wife has an iPhone 6 and loves it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a 5s in mint condition and I've decided to wait for the 6s/6sPlus. If your iPhone is in working condition I suggest waiting on the 6s

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the 6 and it's the best phone to date for me it's a keeper for a few years. This is the longest I have used a phone since the flip phone !

The entire family uses apple products and the iPhone 6 and never an issue smooth sailing all the way.

Billy Jo

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a 5s in mint condition and I've decided to wait for the 6s/6sPlus. If your iPhone is in working condition I suggest waiting on the 6s

That's the thing... My current iPhone 5 is almost in non working condition. It freezes up probably... 4-5 times day to the point I must completely shut off the phone and restart. It also lags terribly. Like what I'm typing now is about 2-3 seconds behind real time.
Battery dies within about 2 hours with a full charge.

So it's technically "usable" but incredibly incredibly frustrating, unreliable and I'm not sure if it can last another 3+ months?

Grrr- decisions

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That's the thing... My current iPhone 5 is almost in non working condition. It freezes up probably... 4-5 times day to the point I must completely shut off the phone and restart. It also lags terribly. Like what I'm typing now is about 2-3 seconds behind real time.
Battery dies within about 2 hours with a full charge.

So it's technically "usable" but incredibly incredibly frustrating, unreliable and I'm not sure if it can last another 3+ months?

Grrr- decisions

In this case, I think I would go ahead and get the iPhone 6. 3/4 months can seem like a eternity when waiting even if your current device isn't acting up.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If that's the case then I would go ahead and buy the iPhone 6. I did something similar last spring. I bought an iPhone 5S instead of waiting for the 6. No regrets.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried backing up your data and restoring the software? If that makes the phone work properly I would also wait for the 6S, but if not, then I would 6 now so you have a properly working phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Jo

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Ok so if I DO go ahead and buy the 6, will it still be relevant/ a good phone for 24 more months? Does it have enough under the hood to stay

Billy Jo

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all.

Ok, so say I DO go ahead and get the 6. Will it stay a relevant/good phone for the next 24 months?
Does it have enough power under the hood to stay current? Fast? Etc with updates ?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok so if I DO go ahead and buy the 6, will it still be relevant/ a good phone for 24 more months? Does it have enough under the hood to stay

I would say yes, and if it follows the Apple way, it should be good for at least 36 months:yes:

crazymike

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Other option is buying a used iPhone to get you through. They seem to hold their value so you wouldn't be out much. Check out swappa.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I would just get the 6 now if your phone is that bad. If history is a indicator the next iPhone will just be a minor upgrade instead of a overhaul like the iPhone's 4, 5, and 6 so you won't be missing much imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll