AV app for iOS??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
With the ever-increasing threat these days of ransomware and other viruses... I'm beginning to question myself, are our iOS devices safe enough?

I never used any AV app on my iOS devices, while I'm using Bitdefender for my macOS.

- What do you guys think, do you recommend me to start using an AV for my iOS devices?
If so, which one??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My recommendation is to be mindful of the apps you install, the websites you visit, links you click on as well as attachments you open

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I AM very mindful about how I use my iOS/macOS devices... yet that doesn't mean a human is always flawless in his behaviour.
Therefore most of us still use an AV for macOS these days, and that's exactly the reason why I'm wondering whether or not to do the same for iOS?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I AM very mindful about how I use my iOS/macOS devices... yet that doesn't mean a human is always flawless in his behaviour.
Therefore most of us still use an AV for macOS these days, and that's exactly the reason why I'm wondering whether or not to do the same for iOS?

Since all the apps are sandboxed in iOS, an AV app has no use whatsoever. It would only be able to scan itself for viruses, nothing else.
Therefore, there are no any anti virus apps for iOS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77