• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Auto brightness doesn't work

Psyk00

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
When I turn on auto brightenss on my iPad nothing happens, the screen doesn't respond to the light conditions. I had this on iOS 6, still have it on iOS7. How to fix it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I turn on auto brightenss on my iPad nothing happens, the screen doesn't respond to the light conditions. I had this on iOS 6, still have it on iOS7. How to fix it?

Turn OFF Auto-brightness, go to a dark room or closet, and then move the lever to a desired brightness level when you're in a low-light or dark environment. This setting will be your minimal level that the brightness will drop when not outside or in a brightly lit environment. Now, go ahead an enable Auto-brightness. Go into a well-lit environment and watch the level increase. When you return to a low-lit or dark area, the brightness will decrease back to your preset low-level setting.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman