ATT is Painful

jmcnyc

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I ordered two iPhone 6+ phones.

One was pre-ordered on the first day Sept 12th at 8:30AM EST. This was the estimate on the confirmation email I received:

Your Apple iPhone 6 Plus ? 64GB ? Space Gray will ship in 21-28 business days

When I log in the site to check the order I get the ship dates as follows: 10/13/14 - 10/22/14. This has been consistent.

The second phone I ordered I made a mistake and had to call ATT to cancel it and reorder. It took me hours to get through but I got it done. This confirmation email stated: Your Apple iPhone 6 Plus ? 16GB ? Silver will ship between November 2 - November 97. Not sure what day November 97th is - but what do you expect from ATT. When I log in the site I get these dates: 11/09/14 - 11/27/14.

Both phones are "preparing to ship" so they can not be canceled.

The frustration is that I had a friend who walked into the Apple store in NYC this weekend and walked out with the phone I ordered. Why does ATT let Apple treat them this way? I am a loyal Apple customer that made the mistake of ordering the phone through ATT and I am being penalized. Why is the relationship between Apple and ATT so bad? Why does ATT continue to frustrate their customers?

This is the last time I ever order any phones through the ATT website - they just dont know how to delight the customer. Is it just me?

April M1

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the iPhone 6 Plus gold 16GB and my ship date is november 9-27th aswell. Ordered on the 12th. And more people have this phone and they got it on launch day. It's so annoying. What is the point of pre-ordereding?!?!!?!? I am also without a phone too. Because I was switching from Verizon to AT&T and the guy when I ordered my phone promised me that I would have it by the 19th and that was not the case.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
@April M1 - the guy at AT&T promised you but that is just his word, do you have it in writing? Think about it - it is just that he is a good salesman.

@jmcnyc - Welcome to iMore. There is no relations issue here at all. Both phones you ordered are the iPhone Plus variants and they were out of stock even on Apple's website at 8:30AM EST. I recall one color size combination was available around 6 EST but I might be wrong, might have been a bit earlier than that. Your friend either pre-ordered the phone or got it from the store stock which is different than shipping stock. Might want to confirm all the details. Hope this helps.

Also, will be interested in finding out which store did your friend visit, if it is the 5th Ave Store I would check how long did he have to wait before getting inside the store?

jmcnyc

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I am going to check with the local Apple store today and see what they have in stock - and cancel my ATT order. It just seems bizarre to me that Apple keeps inventory in their stores for walk ins but does not support ATT pre-orders.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77