Are you considering a standalone mirrorless camera?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As someone who have used 35 mm SLR and DSLR cameras, I would really consider one of the standalone mirrorless camera if not for the Sandra’s on the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro models. Up until then, I would easily grab my Nikon D90 over the camera on my iPhone, but not anymore which brings me to my question - Is a mirrorless camera worth buying as opposed to using the one found on the newest iPhone models?

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
As someone who have used 35 mm SLR and DSLR cameras, I would really consider one of the standalone mirrorless camera if not for the Sandra’s on the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro models. Up until then, I would easily grab my Nikon D90 over the camera on my iPhone, but not anymore which brings me to my question - Is a mirrorless camera worth buying as opposed to using the one found on the newest iPhone models?

Mirrorless cameras have the advantage of being lighter, more compact, faster, and better for videos but they only can use fewer lenses and accessories. For DSLRs, advantages include a wider selection of lenses, generally better optical viewfinders, and much better battery life! I personally prefer DSLR and I have Canon 70D, it is so awesome!

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I was a camera addict up until 3 or 4 years ago, when the phone cameras became so good that only in very rare occasions the picture quality turns out to be insufficient. So it simply does no longer pay off for me to buying a mirrorless (or mirrored) camera.
I had them all - Nikon Fx, Canons, Sony NEX etc. I remember the times when I carried a huge camera bag with me when going on vacation, with 5 or 6 lenses, huge and small flashes, external battery pack, filters, remote control, different size tripods etc. etc.
I still have my Nikon F4 whiich is a monster - but just for sentimental reasons, and because the 2nd hand market is almost dead.
I also still have my Sony NEX, but only because I dropped it once and the resale value will be minimal, for an oldish camera with a dent.
There is only my nerdy nature that sometimes makes me wish I had a newer (mirrorless) camera, but then I behave and refrain from buying one, because it makes no more sense - for my photographic needs.
If I would be more into post processing, zooming into and cropping images, to print enlarged versions to hang them on the wall etc., it would be a different story, of course.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, once upon a time, I was a huge camera freak. But in the end, I found the truth that the best camera is the one you carry....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad