are you aware there are adds for MacKeeper on your forum

I

iMore Question

I made the mistake of getting hooked in by a pop up from MacKeeper telling me my computer was in danger. When it was not. Now it has been on my computer for a few months. I have had alerts acting as if my computer was going to blow up in any second. I called a support rep they took remote charge of my computer. Deleted a few things. After that, I no longer have a email account. I called them. They said call Apple. I said this is not an Apple issue because I have never had any issue like this with any of my devices. I have a lot of Mac devices and I have never had a virus or any issue with the laptops, computers, phones, or tablets. This MacKeeper is bad news. I read your article you wrote in 2015 about them. The only reason I even decided to install it is because I though they were affiliated with apple, because fragments of it were on my computer when I turned it on for the very first time. Their pop up was on the apple website, very clever. Yes they are bottom feeders. Deep down I knew it but my daughter wanted Mindcraft on the computer which would involve adding the Mods, so I figured some protection could not hurt. But it did hurt. Now I got to figure out what the hell I am going to do about getting my mail account to come back up. But I will figure it out.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Buyer beware with some of these apps. Often ads aren’t picked by the site but cater to the subject. Hopefully you get your stuff working again