Apple's iOS 17.5 photo resurfacing bug just got a whole lot more serious — here's why

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how much of this is true? You never know with this generation. People will post all sorts of falsehoods to see how many views they can get.

Before anyone gets bent out of shape, I am NOT disputing reports of deleted photos resurfacing on their iPhones, but I am questioning the amount of people this is happening to.

Reactions: Annie_M and FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how much of this is true? You never know with this generation. People will post all sorts of falsehoods to see how many views they can get.

Before anyone gets bent out of shape, I am NOT disputing reports of deleted photos resurfacing on their iPhones, but I am questioning the amount of people this is happening to.

Didn’t get any deleted photos or deleted voicemails back. Wonder if anyone on this board got them.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing... I've not seen any deleted photos or voicemails return. I'm definitely curious to see how this plays out.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing... I've not seen any deleted photos or voicemails return. I'm definitely curious to see how this plays out.
I did have about 10 visual voicemails resurface from the past 2 months.

They’re not stored at my carrier, confirmed by dialing 1 to access the voicemail.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I can confirm this is happening.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the beach. While I was there I went to the Atalaya Castle, Huntington Beach State Park, SC. I took a ton of photos with my phone. On the drive back to the beach house, my phone powered off for no reason. I had to use my MBP to get it powered back on. Once back on, all the photos I took that day were gone, like I never took them.
Then the 17.5 update happens and BAM! There’s all my castle photos.

Now, as far as photos resurfacing on old wiped devices, not an issue. I have all my old devices since the 6S+.

cc3e318a0ac60b147f366400d6346e21.jpg

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

A couple of weeks ago I went to the beach. While I was there I went to the Atalaya Castle, Huntington Beach State Park, SC. I took a ton of photos with my phone. On the drive back to the beach house, my phone powered off for no reason. I had to use my MBP to get it powered back on. Once back on, all the photos I took that day were gone, like I never took them.

Now, as far as photos resurfacing on old wiped devices, not an issue. I have all my old devices since the 6S+.

But you never deleted the resurfaced photos.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Did they reappear as the most recently taken pictures, or in the original chronological position?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t want to delete them. The whole point of visiting the castle was to take photos that somehow got deleted. I’m glad the iOS “bug” brought them back.

Wait. So you visited the castle twice - meaning taking photos you thought were gone from your original visit?

TNT

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
"A bug in iOS 17.5 is apparently causing photos that have been deleted to reappear, and the issue seems to impact even iPhones and iPads that have been erased and sold off to other people. "

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
"A bug in iOS 17.5 is apparently causing photos that have been deleted to reappear, and the issue seems to impact even iPhones and iPads that have been erased and sold off to other people. "

I don't see it on my iPhone or iPad. Most people don't.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradkdoesntcare