Apple's going to make fewer M3 chips as MacBook demand plummets

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
According to one analyst that hasn’t been right lately.

Perhaps consumers are holding off on their purchase waiting for an updated Mac or iPad with a 3nm soc.

I know I certainly am.

Reactions: Annie_M and Lee_Bo

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
According to one analyst that hasn’t been right lately.

Perhaps consumers are holding off on their purchase waiting for an updated Mac or iPad with a 3nm soc.

I know I certainly am.

Or maybe, like me, they are taking care of their devices longer. I’m still rocking my ‘19 MBP and will probably keep it until it dies…….or I get an unbelievable deal on a new one.

Reactions: FFR and Annie_M

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Or maybe, like me, they are taking care of their devices longer. I’m still rocking my ‘19 MBP and will probably keep it until it dies…….or I get an unbelievable deal on a new one.

Indeed, but the m3 will be in MacBook Airs, iMacs, iPad pros, iPads, and potentially in the Apple TV and the new Apple vision Pro. With variations for the MacBook pros and Mac pros. It wouldn’t make any sense to cut orders especially now with other oems scrambling to place orders for tsmc 3nm nodes as Apple hold exclusivity for the rest of 2023 and perhaps all of 2024.

On the other hand analysts are trying their best to bring down the share price, hope they push it down further.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77