• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Apple Watch X will be pointless if it doesn’t fix the Watch's biggest flaw

ChazMacs

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Clearly it’s a personal issue. Many, including me, never get so much as a scratch. I’m on my 2nd watch, both with a rubber bumper case, and neither the first, or this one has a mark on it. I’m not particularly careful, either. Some people are more aware of where their parts are than others, I guess.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Scratch, scratch baby

Well, if I had a brown BS flag, I’d throw it at this article.

I had the original, series 2,3,6 and now 8 and have never used a screen protector or case. I’ve slammed my wrist into door frames, desks, counter tops, got my hand stuck behind large wall displays when I was doing pro a/v, and in all those years I’ve never……let me say that again, never……NEVER…….scratched any of my watch screens.

No, this isn’t a problem Apple needs to “fix”.

This is a 100000000000% user problem.

And the author of this article SHOULD KNOW THAT!!!!

VERY poorly written article.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I had the original, series 2,3,6 and now 8 and have never used a screen protector or case. I’ve slammed my wrist into door frames, desks, counter tops, got my hand stuck behind large wall displays when I was doing pro a/v, and in all those years I’ve never……let me say that again, never……NEVER…….scratched any of my watch screens.

'Nuf said, sir. Like you, I've had multiple Watch versions, including the original and I've not put a case on any of them and they've not had a scratch on them. The Watch is a tough product for sure.

Reactions: scruffypig

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

78a9157196258dc752c07aaa9ab0f489.jpg

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Clearly it’s a personal issue. Many, including me, never get so much as a scratch. I’m on my 2nd watch, both with a rubber bumper case, and neither the first, or this one has a mark on it. I’m not particularly careful, either. Some people are more aware of where their parts are than others, I guess.
It is called “propioception”! 🙂

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No, it’s called “people not wanting to take responsibility for their actions and instead wanting to blame something else and call it a flaw that needs to be fixed”.

Again, I’ve had every other watch version since the Apple Watch launched and I’ve never scratched any of the screens.

It’s not a flaw. It’s called taking care of your stuff.

I bet these are the same people who buy new cars, never get the oil changed, then blame the dealer / manufacturer then the engine seizes and call it “a flaw that needs to be fixed”.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
No, it’s called “people not wanting to take responsibility for their actions and instead wanting to blame something else and call it a flaw that needs to be fixed”.

Again, I’ve had every other watch version since the Apple Watch launched and I’ve never scratched any of the screens.

It’s not a flaw. It’s called taking care of your stuff.

I bet these are the same people who buy new cars, never get the oil changed, then blame the dealer / manufacturer then the engine seizes and call it “a flaw that needs to be fixed”.
Propioception is knowing where your body parted are!

Reactions: FFR

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman