Apple Watch - what happened?

RiseUpGames

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
For me, the hardware aesthetics left a lot to be desired, but I think it will be "iconic" a decade from now. The digital crown might be a serious gimmick, however, especially considering that most of the demoed interactions with the apple watch were via the touchscreen.

That said, I LOVE the home screen / icon map, and I'm strangely totally down for sending friends / strangers my heartbeat.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
First off, I am not here to be a troll. I just want an actual discussion from the die hard Apple fans about the Apple Watch.

In the forums here and on other sites, the general consensus from the Apple faithful was that Apple was behind on the smartwatch market because they were going to wait and do it right, fixing all of the problems of the Android based watches.

So, my question is, why didn't that happen?
We still have the same giant square on a wrist, with no revolutionary features to speak of. Apple Watch does everything a Samsung or Android Wear will do, but there is no killer Apple only feature.
Perhaps they should have waited longer.

Wow. I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought it was as amazing as the iPhone. Especially after using products like the jawbone up, up24, pebble, Nike Fuelband, Fitbit, LG G Watch and now Moto 360. I'm really excited by apple watch. Android wear, while good, isn't anywhere near as interesting to me as apple watch. I can't wait to buy one.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a Pebble, and I am really excited for the Apple Watch. When I saw the Apple Watch and compared it with the Pebble, I knew it was MUCH better than the Pebble. At first, I wasn't chomping at the bit to get one, but the more and more I look at the Smartwatch market, especially the Apple Watch, I know I want to buy one. I think it offers the best feature set out there, with the exception of the Gear S that can make calls and stuff without being tethered to a phone, and in my opinion the second best design of a smartwatch (Moto 360 is still my favorite looking).

I think it is a well rounded device with a lot of useful features, great design, and quality build. I personally can't wait to get my hands on one.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The features in the new Apple watch are constrained by state of the art technology. Everyone faces this constraint. Apple's advantage is its ecosystem and tight integration with its other devices. Not to mention its high quality.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Apple isn't just about beating the competition. They're also about making devices that people want to use (and in this case, wear). Most people will wait and see what the Apple Watch looks like on the wrists of early adopters before buying one, and many will wait for the second or even third iteration of the device before buying one, but if Apple did what they do best (and I'm betting at least $349.00 plus tax that they did), the experience of using the watch is what will sell the watch. Not because it's "better" or "more stylish", but because day in and day out it "just works" and in ways that will feel intuitive and natural as soon as you strap one on. So yes, others have done the watch before, with sales and gimmicks in the forefront. Apple is concerned about sales too, and they may have thrown a few gimmicks in for good measure, but they tend to put the experience of the end user first. It just happens to work out for them well on Wall Street, but their focus is on Main Street.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77