Apple Watch and GymKit

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Watch OS 4.1 in 2017 gave Apple Watch the ability to connect and sync data with GymKit enabled exercise equipment. Unfortunately, very few exercise equipment manufacturers opted to incorporate GymKit and today it is found exclusively on a few high-end (meaning EXPENSIVE) commercial quality brands.

I bought my last treadmill in 2009 and, since then, put literally thousands of miles on it. When it began to die, I started shopping for a new one. My purchase criteria included horsepower, deck size, and most importantly, GymKit. As I expected, none of the popular and highly rated brands had GymKit. A few brands advertise that they connect to Apple Watch (e.g., Nordic Track, Peloton), but all they actually do is use the watch as a heart rate monitor. They do not sync data.

After a LOT of research, I purchased what I believe is the least expensive GymKit enabled treadmill, the Life Fitness T3 treadmill with Track 2.0 connect console. I paid almost twice the price of a comparable non-commercial treadmill. For most, that probably sounds like a ridiculous price premium, but it was worth it to me. It is whisper quiet, highly programmable, and of course I especially love that it syncs with my watch. I suspect a large percentage of newly purchased treadmills get used very little and eventually become another place to hang clothes. Mine gets used nearly every day.

Want to sync your Apple Watch to a treadmill? I might be able to answer some of your questions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradkdoesntcare