Apple (Quietly) Releases “AirPods Pro”

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is actually worse on the Pros. No explanation given that I understand...also they won’t work with Apple Watch until 6.1 drops (but that’s today I believe).
View attachment 127406

I did read about that. I’m on AirPods gen 1, and I’ve never run out of battery, so hopefully these will still be better for me!

And on that note... just got the shipping notification, so I should have them waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow!

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Actually it is not.

5 hours each for music (but 4.5 with Active Noise Cancellation on). A fair comparison is with ANC off - 5 hours each.

Also, the previous poster has Airpods 1, not 2. Much worse call talk time on Airpods 1 than on 2 or on Pro.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Im just gonna hold off on these. 50/50 chance there will be a new pair by March same with the apple watch. The way I see it, I'd be paying $50 more from the series 2 for a wireless charging case and a few other little tweaks. Even though I don’t like in-ear buds like there happens to be a color refresh later on I may get suckered in.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don’t own AirPods because the fit isn’t very good for me. The Pros are compelling because of the new design. I also love the active noise cancellation & the thought of the sound quality being better. They’re only 50$ more than my Bose Soundsport Free & there’s an added feature, so it’s no huge deal for me. Hopefully, they’ll have some in stock at Grand Central or Fifth Ave tomorrow.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Good question and yes, because most people (80%) who have the 1/2 generation don't realize a slight twist while the AirPod is in the ear makes them fit snug and totally different. Just the other day while I was at the Hawks game I instructed someone on the proper fit and he was amazed at the difference in fit with a slight twist.

f89b9487116768de30d0e1cf159a5510.jpg

I've known of this slight twist method (was mentioned in older threads) - and it doesn't work for me at all. Regardless of how I twist them, they pop out. Apparently I belong to the percentage of human population that the old air pods were not designed for.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've known of this slight twist method (was mentioned in older threads) - and it doesn't work for me at all. Regardless of how I twist them, they pop out. Apparently I belong to the percentage of human population that the old air pods were not designed for.

Yes, I know a couple of my Family/Friends and Associates that no matter what they did the Airpods didn't fit properly. They are also part of that none fit percentage. I hope the new version Airpods Pro works out for you.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree 100%! These look so much more comfortable! I'm very interested to hear what people think about them. Thank goodness for the intrepid guinea pigs here! :D

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
They look interesting, but I got the PowerBeats Pro back in the summer. I don’t see me dropping the money on these right now.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up just after 8am EDT & the fit is pretty phenomenal & comfortable. I just wish they had volume controls like my Bose Soundsport Free.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
So far pretty expensive year of Apple stuffs for me. AirPods 2, Apple Watch Series 5 SS, iPhone 11 Pro Max and today AirPods Pro.

But I’m loving all of ‘em!

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I picked mine up just after 8am EDT & the fit is pretty phenomenal & comfortable. I just wish they had volume controls like my Bose Soundsport Free.

Could you possible try them without the ear tips on and see if they are like the gen 1 and 2 AirPods? They don't have the traditional stems most earbuds have so the look like they could be used with and without the ear tips.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 10.07.25 AM.png

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Could you possible try them without the ear tips on and see if they are like the gen 1 and 2 AirPods? They don't have the traditional stems most earbuds have so the look like they could be used with and without the ear tips.

View attachment 127415

I just tried and they fall out my ears without the tips.

My bank account is itching ...AGAIN. Should I? I really wish these Airpods Pro came in BLACK.

58fdf4d22d9b2466cc367a8acacbede1.jpg

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Just picked mine up here at my local Apple store in Arizona. I ordered this morning around 7am online and it was available for pick up. I asked the Apple rep if they are about to sell out today and he said they only had around 10 left. They already sold a crap load since they opened at 10am. My AirPods 2 were fine, I’ll just pass them on to my wife who’s still on gen 1. So far, I’m digging the pro!!!

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday.

They are very comfortable. I feel like the large tips fit the best for me, the medium were ok, and the small didn’t really fit. Kudos to Apple for including the different sizes

I had the first gen AirPods, and unlike some, I never had any fit issues, they never fell out of my ears. These are definitely more “snug” though. Also, with the original AirPods, I always knew they were in my ear - maybe it’s the smaller stem and form factor, but the Pros do tend to fade away into the background - I barely know they’re there.

Haven’t really played with the noise cancellation, but you can definitely tell it’s there, especially when switching through the modes.

Force touch is very cool and efficient. Although with the smaller stems, a bit more awkward than just tapping on AirPod vs “clicking” the stem to pause/fast forward/rewind.

Overall, I’m enjoying them! Not sure if they really demand a premium over AirPods gen 2. Almost feel as though these should have just been released as AirPods gen 3.

Colors would have been nice, as well, but these are so small I don’t even know if it’s super noticeable.

Well, there’s my quick 2¢!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Got mine yesterday.

They are very comfortable. I feel like the large tips fit the best for me, the medium were ok, and the small didn’t really fit. Kudos to Apple for including the different sizes

I had the first gen AirPods, and unlike some, I never had any fit issues, they never fell out of my ears. These are definitely more “snug” though. Also, with the original AirPods, I always knew they were in my ear - maybe it’s the smaller stem and form factor, but the Pros do tend to fade away into the background - I barely know they’re there.

Haven’t really played with the noise cancellation, but you can definitely tell it’s there, especially when switching through the modes.

Force touch is very cool and efficient. Although with the smaller stems, a bit more awkward than just tapping on AirPod vs “clicking” the stem to pause/fast forward/rewind.

Overall, I’m enjoying them! Not sure if they really demand a premium over AirPods gen 2. Almost feel as though these should have just been released as AirPods gen 3.

Colors would have been nice, as well, but these are so small I don’t even know if it’s super noticeable.

Well, there’s my quick 2¢!

Thanks for your review.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
The AirPods Pro seem like great wireless earbuds (although not sure if the price is justified). I’ve seen a lot of comparisons between them and peashooters (lol) but I think they look much better than the standard AirPods.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I still have my original AirPods and they work just fine. Battery life stinks but for now they are doing what I need them to do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77