Apple Had No Obligation To "Fix" This *Non*-Issue

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
This is beginning to sound like a political debate. What side of the fence are you on? Get back to the facts... NOT the spin...

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Did they have an obligation to fix? Depends on obligation to who.

Customers? Not really - a customer was not forced to buy one, and they could return it.

Shareholders? Possibly, as the value of the company decreases with massive negative publicity and a lack of a "fix". But then you have to ask yourself how much of a day to day obligation do companies have to their shareholders?

I would argue that while there was no obligation to fix it, there should have been a strong motivation to either fix it, or offer some alternative solution (which they did, but only after it seemed like lots of pushing).

Let me put it this way - with the next iPhone release, will their numbers of pre-orders (and people waiting in line or release day) be affected? If 10% of the people who normally WOULD have waited in line or pre-ordered decide to wait and see how well the new phone works, that could affect their quarterly reports, not to mention opportunities for rival companies to entire them away with another phone. An undecided customer is a potentially lost customer.

Chris

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Only because of the media attention, not at all because of the actual issue.

The Samsung captivate suffers from the same attenuation issues on the right-hand side, and reviewers have said it is even worse than the iPhone 4. Do you think Samsung will be giving out free cases to their customers? Do you think Samsung will even care to acknowledge the issue after they just sent out a press release denying that they've EVER had this issue, just like RIM and Nokia?

I think these companies are being much more ridiculous than Apple with their responses.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I just realized something listening to the podcast would you qualify the first gen iPhone as having worst reception, the same or better than iPhone 4? since it was all metal. The reason? because my GF who is not a hardcore user but wanted to use the apps has been using mine since I got my 3G and she has had zero dropped calls. I also have been using it since 2007, a year before Canada had the iPhone and again zero dropped calls. So if you said it was worste that makes me more excited to get my iPhone 4 and use it bumperless.

appleboy

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
who actually puts their entire palm on their iphone anyway? first of all its totally uncomfortable holding it in your palm and second you have to stick your entire hand over the corner. retarded...

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Appleboy, it's more comfortable for some to palm it. Is it hard to adjust? No. However, most people do what's comfortable than what's practical.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77