anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
tin-foil-hat.jpg

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
This is just speculation, but I think that Apple has been deliberately restricting the production of the gold model, because what's so hard about making these iPhones? They've been making the iPhone 5 for a while now.

Apple is producing the 5S colors according to prior sales. The Black iPhone has always been their best seller, so production of Black/Space Gray takes priority.

And despite the 5s supposedly being the more popular model, the iPhone 5c is the phone that you always see front and foremost on Apple.com. I don't get it this whole release has just confused me.

The iPhone 5C is the new kid on the block. Apple will spend more time and money marketing it, since it is a completely new category of phone for them. They have never produced an "entry level" iPhone model to be sold along side the flagship phone. In the past they've only offered the previous year's phone at a discount.

This new strategy needs additional marketing to get its point across to the uniformed consumer.

And then, you go to the Apple Store and you ask them what they have, and they're clueless. How do you not know what you're going to get and when, isn't it the managers job to order more stock, that's what I learned from retail.

All Apple Stores receive shipments daily. The phones they have, sell, and need, is all managed by computer and Apple's servers. Managers do not place stock orders like other retail outlets.

In relation to the 5C thread, it's like I said no one knows the numbers but someone does. How do you not know how many iPhones you had to begin with?

Apple knows the numbers. They know exactly how many they've made, shipped, and sold. The employees at Apple Stores and other retailers also have an idea, as they witness the stock come and go at their own stores.

They're trying to create as much chaos as possible

The only people creating chaos, intentional or otherwise, are the consumers. Apple has produced and shipped an absurd amount of devices in a relatively short period of time. The consumer market just simply has a crazy high demand for this particular iPhone.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Going to a carrier store with the intention of getting an unlocked phone is not proper. You would either by unlocked, like a regular person would. Or deal with carriers, and I'm not dealing with them, I don't have time for it.

When you walk into a carrier store, the first thing they are going to try to do is sell you their plans, they're not going to offer you an unlocked phone, if anything, they'll try to trick you.

But I really don't have time to talk on the phone all day with AT&T customer support. I would just buy unlocked from Apple like a regular person.

You guys are living in another world, unavailable for store pick up on their app. Apple geniuses telling you that there is no unlocked version on launch day. 2 to 3 weeks shipping dates which are not set in stone. Walking into a carrier store to get an unlocked phone. And you still say it's widely available? No.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Walking to the store and say I want to buy "full price," or "device only" is not some kind of secret lingo that these guys are going to know.

Actually, Apple associates are not even permitted to sell you a carrier phone device only.

For the next time I go to the Apple Store, please help me understand what a "regular person" is. Want to make sure if I should go as "regular" or " unregular".

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I came in here to read about the battery issue, and all I see for pages and pages are children bickering on unlocked devices. Really guys, give it a rest already.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't blame crazy high demand on the shortages. I would blame Apple on the shortages. You know how I know? There hasn't been a regular supply of 5s since DAY ONE.

If you don't believe this particular iPhone was sold short then I don't know what else I can do for ya. The iPad Air came out today, but it was nothing like the 5s.

People just didn't want to believe the truth about this phone, including the reported battery issues.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't blame crazy high demand on the shortages. I would blame Apple on the shortages. You know how I know? There hasn't been a regular supply of 5s since DAY ONE.

If you don't believe this particular iPhone was sold short then I don't know what else I can do for ya. The iPad Air came out today, but it was nothing like the 5s.

People just didn't want to believe the truth about this phone, including the reported battery issues.
The iPad Air has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. The quantity of the 5S also isn't the topic of this thread, therefore I'd appreciate it if you would stick to the topic of this thread, thanks.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]Everyone, the topic of this thread is "limited battery life issue with the iPhone 5S". If you have nothing else to say that pertains to this issue please move on. Thanks.[/INFO]

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
hope this is relevant and I'm not receiving a ban for posting off topic, lol.: would a genius/the apple store look at a 5S battery (which has been supplied by the carrier and not been bought in an actual apple store) and replace the model right away if it was found to be defect? Or is that an issue you would have to talk to the provider about? (fairly dumb question supposably, but after what went down the previous pages I'd say it's not the worst)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
hope this is relevant and I'm not receiving a ban for posting off topic, lol.: would a genius/the apple store look at a 5S battery (which has been supplied by the carrier and not been bought in an actual apple store) and replace the model right away if it was found to be defect? Or is that an issue you would have to talk to the provider about? (fairly dumb question supposably, but after what went down the previous pages I'd say it's not the worst)
You can absolutely take it to the Genius Bar. As a matter of fact, that's where the provider would point you to go.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
How do I get to know if I have a bad battery? Do I call customer service and tell them my phone's serial number, then ask if my phone has a bad battery or not? I seem to be getting bad backup with this phone but I'm not sure if it's the battery or me being a bit too obsessed with my new toy :D

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77