• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

App Switcher Slow for you?

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone, has anyone else had an issue with opening the app switcher and it taking long? I've compared my friend's iPhone 5 to mine and her app switcher opens up instantly while mine takes a little longer. I feel like a restore might help but I don't want to lose my data.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Honestly I'd restore as a new iPhone. More or likely the restore you used from your last iPhone is creating the issue.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I restored from my backup, but she did too. Funny thing is the first day I got it is was super quick. I'll try setting it up as new though.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I fixed it! Kinda silly actually...I turned Guided Access on when I let my cousin look at it and forgot to turn it off. It's super fast now :D

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I fixed it! Kinda silly actually...I turned Guided Access on when I let my cousin look at it and forgot to turn it off. It's super fast now :D

Wow thanks a lot. Just turned that OFF and noticed its faster LOL would've have never noticed it

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman