• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

App Switcher issue during calls.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
So I’ve had this issue for a few betas now, but my friend who isn’t in on betas is seeing this as well. During a call, I can remove apps from the app switcher once. After that I’m not able to. The only work around I’ve found is to lock the phone and repeat the process. I asked Apple support but they said they don’t have this issue. I’ve already reported it several times in the bug app.
Both phones are X’s and on 11.2/11.2.5b

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's possible Apple Support is unwilling to actually discuss beta products with you, and is supporting the release version which does not have the issue, OR internally Apple may be on a later beta and the issue is resolved.

I'm not an Apple beta tester (well I am on my Mac), so I'm not 100% sure how they do it, BUT most software companies provide little support for beta products. It's use at your own risk AND expect bugs. By all means report it. Good bug reporting procedure, document the bug, simple terms, AND then the exact steps taken to reproduce the bug. IF they provide any reporting tools with logs etc, use them! You probably know all this. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple Support have no clue about betas. If you submitted a bug report, the beta team may email you if they have questions. They will see your bug report.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I understand about the beta part. Sometimes they’ll transfer me to a department that can help with betas. No one else is experiencing this though bug though?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I understand about the beta part. Sometimes they’ll transfer me to a department that can help with betas. No one else is experiencing this though bug though?

You might try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

josephavellino

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
So I’ve had this issue for a few betas now, but my friend who isn’t in on betas is seeing this as well. During a call, I can remove apps from the app switcher once. After that I’m not able to. The only work around I’ve found is to lock the phone and repeat the process. I asked Apple support but they said they don’t have this issue. I’ve already reported it several times in the bug app.

I have the same bug.

josephavellino

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
Firmware on my X is 1.03.06

I told a colleague at my dojo about the bug the other evening and he could easily reproduce.

If I am on a call, I can open app switcher and close apps. If I leave app switcher, remain on the call, and come back to app switcher, I can no longer close apps. I can reproduce consistently.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Same. When I called Apple about it the rep I spoke with had a few coworkers try and had no issue

As I said the Apple rep is either on the release OS, OR a later beta than you, in-house is often at least 1 if not 2 betas ahead (or more).

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

I’ve had this issue since 11.0. Currently on 11.2.5 b2 and still have the issue.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to get my head around why one would need to close out apps twice while on a call? I rarely close apps, even when not on a call.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Why are you swiping cached apps? Are the apps you are removing from cache somehow interfering with your phone calls?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin