App Store Login?

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Hello to you all, long time reader, first time poster.

My 3G finally arrived after what seemed like years!!!

So now I go to the App Store to download some fun games, and the user name it defaults to is some Yahoo Address, not the one i told the AT&T rep...

How can i change the log in name to mine? Does this question make sense?
Thank you all in advance for any help. :)

Reactions: mariamazariegos

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I did, i just think the guy at the ATT store did it incorrectly.

Where, if anywhere, can i change it to my username? Was he meant to do it when i signed up? I have an active iTunes account, but it is not the one that shows up when i try to download an app.

Thank you very much for your reply sir

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
It turns out the idiot AT&T store rep put in his own email address when setting my phone up. He had no idea how to undo this, so I suggested resetting the device (as i had owned it for 4 hours, I had nothing on it). Upon resetting, when you connect to the App Store for the first time, you are required to enter the login name, which i did. Everything works 100% now!

Thank you for your help

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
It turns out the idiot AT&T store rep put in his own email address when setting my phone up. He had no idea how to undo this, so I suggested resetting the device (as i had owned it for 4 hours, I had nothing on it). Upon resetting, when you connect to the App Store for the first time, you are required to enter the login name, which i did. Everything works 100% now!

Thank you for your help

Glad to hear that you got it to work! That guy at the Apple store is an idiot.