Anyone update to iOS 11 on the Mini 2?

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
What do you think? How is the performance? How does YouTube load? Do you like the extra features? Which is better 10 or 11?

Thanks for any comments.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I own a mini 2 but haven’t updated yet. I, honestly, think I’m still on iOS 9 Hopefully someone will chime in soon...I’m curious now

john.woody

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a mini 2 updated to ios11. To me it seems slightly faster and graphics seem smoother than ios10 which always seemed a bit jumpy to me. I haven’t got YouTube installed. New features are ok. The dock at the bottom is quite useful but it’s all very familiar, which is a good thing.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a mini 2 updated to ios11. To me it seems slightly faster and graphics seem smoother than ios10 which always seemed a bit jumpy to me. I haven’t got YouTube installed. New features are ok. The dock at the bottom is quite useful but it’s all very familiar, which is a good thing.

Awesome!!!! I might finally update my iPad

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My kids updated theirs. No issues. My son thinks the dock and control center are the greatest things ever. No YouTube sorry.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Nice to hear! I will be updating in a week just to be safe. I do hear that some of the apps do not work and as you use it more, get slow down. I am hoping somebody uses the YouTube app in 11. No news about yet. That's for all your comments!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Nice to hear! I will be updating in a week just to be safe. I do hear that some of the apps do not work and as you use it more, get slow down. I am hoping somebody uses the YouTube app in 11. No news about yet. That's for all your comments!

I am not using the YouTube app, but use the mobile YouTube website frequently with no problems.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
What do you think? How is the performance? How does YouTube load? Do you like the extra features? Which is better 10 or 11?

Thanks for any comments.

I upgrade my Mini 2 to ios 12 and it is much better then the 11! Faster and smoother in webpage renderings. Possibly 50% faster loading and that is conservative estimate. Apple came through in making the Mini 2 much better and usable for the owners. You really don't need to upgrade anymore. But I will because the A7 is sort of going on 4 years and I just want to have the new "X" design like my Xs Max. I don't know if they will make a Mini however. If they don't staying with the Mini 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy