Anyone tethered Ipad to JB Iphone yet?

Jaayquan

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Here is my fear: does MiFi quickly deplete the iPhone's battery? Some days, I already have issues with the battery lasting me through the day.

Thanks!

MacUser,

You have a valid fear on that one! I've used MiFi and it is a big battery drain. I don't see it as a long-term solution because of this problem mainly. When I had it on, my 3G iPhone was ALWAYS drained at the end of each day (sometimes before).

I've been doing my best to try and come up with a best value solution and I'm pretty convinced that as much as I hate to I will probably pay the extra cost and monthly fees for a 3G version.

Also there's something to be said about the "elegance experience factor" when using an iPad. Do I want to go through the hassle of having to deal with MiFi/iPhone issues (things do go wrong) when I'm mobile using the iPad? Also since I would have to turn off MiFi or any other wifi program to conserve battery that would mean that I would be frequently turning it off and on again. I'm thinking not. I have a Kindle DX now and it's awesome to just be able to pick it up and read whenever I want and see the blogs and newspapers come in on Whisphernet without lifting a finger.

Keep in mind too that the wi-fi connection will not b at N speeds which the iPad is capable of so bandwidth will be an issue as some point.

Oh by the way, I'm new here and have been lurking reading all the messages the pass few days. Glad to make ya'lls acquaintance!

Jaayquan

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77