Anyone know to turn these off?

alphatectz

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
So I was wondering if there was anyway to turn these off completely. They are kind of annoying...
21a73b28f883daa738c1dfc89d95f4b8.png
eae345c188f1a08b9552fd41902b0ef2.png

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the message emotions. Those don't bother me. The handwriting thing though absolutely does since it defaults to that when you change orientations in a text. I wish I knew how to disable that. I unfortunately haven't found a way.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The first one, just lock your screen to portrait. It only appears if you turn your screen to landscape in messages.
The second one only appears if you long press a speech bubble for options. You don't have to use it. Ignore it. That's all you can do. It doesn't have an on/off toggle.

alphatectz

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
The first one, just lock your screen to portrait. It only appears if you turn your screen to landscape in messages.
The second one only appears if you long press a speech bubble for options. You don't have to use it. Ignore it. That's all you can do. It doesn't have an on/off toggle.

It toggles when I try to copy and paste on my 7+

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want it to default to the keyboard, rotate it to landscape, tap the keyboard in bottom right corner, rotate it back to portrait, done. I used to hate when it did that to me but ever since I did this it always defaults to the keyboard view. I now have to tap the little squiggly key on the keyboard to bring up the handwritten messages. Just remember that if you do decide to use the handwritten messages, make sure you switch back to keyboard view before you rotate back to portrait.

alphatectz

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
If you want it to default to the keyboard, rotate it to landscape, tap the keyboard in bottom right corner, rotate it back to portrait, done. I used to hate when it did that to me but ever since I did this it always defaults to the keyboard view. I now have to tap the little squiggly key on the keyboard to bring up the handwritten messages. Just remember that if you do decide to use the handwritten messages, make sure you switch back to keyboard view before you rotate back to portrait.

Thank you.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I've done this in the past. Works well. However, I still find it fun from time to time to scribble a message.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artiefischel99