anyone ever switch from AT&T to Cricket? notice difference between AT&T and Cricket coverage?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
anyone ever switch from AT&T to Cricket? notice difference between AT&T and Cricket coverage?

I am thinking of switching from AT&T to Cricket.

I understand Cricket is AT&T, but I am curious if AT&T is ever blocking / disabling some of the coverage (or prioritize channel assignment to AT&T users first).

Anyone have ever switch from AT&T to Cricket and notice the difference?

Thanks.

by1333

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: anyone ever switch from AT&T to Cricket? notice difference between AT&T and Cricket coverage?

I was hoping someone had answered this. I am switching from Sprint to cricket this week.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: anyone ever switch from AT&T to Cricket? notice difference between AT&T and Cricket coverage?

I was hoping someone had answered this. I am switching from Sprint to cricket this week.

Please give a review when you do. My Verizon contract is up in a couple of months and I've been considering switching to prepaid. Also curious whether cricket allows using iPhone for wireless hotspot.

izzo00

May 29, 2011
Visit site

I recently switch from sprint to cricket and I brought my sprint iPhone 6 with me and I must say the service is better with then than sprint and I'm happy

by1333

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Please give a review when you do. My Verizon contract is up in a couple of months and I've been considering switching to prepaid. Also curious whether cricket allows using iPhone for wireless hotspot.

So i have been using Cricket now for 2 cycles and I can say that I am happy with the low cost, $6/Month Deezer service and 5 gbs of data for 40 bucks.
The only issue I had was 2 different stores all gave me different answers about bringing my sprint device once unlocked.
I took it to the 3rd store and in 20 mins I walked out a cricket customer with my unlocked Iphone 5s.
I have had no network issues and noticed better service everywhere I go.
I did run out of data this month so I am at very low low data speeds but that will change in 2 days.
I went from paying 190 for 2 phones with unlimited everything on sprint to 102 for 2 phones with 5 gbs each and each with the deezer music service.
So far so good.

I only ran out of data this month because I was on vacation and had better streaming service than the hotel wifi.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
anyone ever switch from AT&T to Cricket? notice difference between AT&T and C...

I've only dealt with the big 4, and I currently only deal with the big 2 - Verizon and AT&T. Sorry.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: anyone ever switch from AT&T to Cricket? notice difference between AT&T and C...

I've only dealt with the big 4, and I currently only deal with the big 2 - Verizon and AT&T. Sorry.

So out of those big two which do you prefer more ? I'm really itching at the idea of going big red for the 6S+

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: anyone ever switch from AT&T to Cricket? notice difference between AT&T and C...

So out of those big two which do you prefer more ? I'm really itching at the idea of going big red for the 6S+

I prefer Verizon Wireless because of its great coverage.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

I prefer Verizon Wireless because of its great coverage.

That's what I'm thinking for as much as I travel ... What about data speeds ? That's my real concern with VoLTE you can talk and surf now with them and that's no longer an issue .. Any issues with their LTE speed ?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No problems whatsoever in my experience, but I'm also a person who didn't have a problem with 3G speeds. As for talking and texting simultaneously, that has NEVER been an issue with me.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

No problems whatsoever in my experience, but I'm also a person who didn't have a problem with 3G speeds. As for talking and texting simultaneously, that has NEVER been an issue with me.

I know back in the days of dropping from 3G to 2G or as it was then from 3G / 1XEV - E/1X lol AT&T's 2G would actually let apps run lol ... Thanks for the input ... Much appreciated 👍🏻

Crowyer

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

I hope its not too late. The iPhone on Verizon sucks. I came back to Apple after being with Android for a while, at the time i had Verizon wireless as a provider. Their iPhone lacked so many features that should have just been natural. For example you cannot talk on the phone and use cellular data at the same time. It has to do with the network. So i moved to at&t and i had no problems at all.

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I wanna switch just the fee is something I cannot deal with right now, I wanna see how it goes, once the contract ends October. Sprint has to go.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I just switch from att and here in Michigan I did not notice any difference in coverage. I was paying at$t $205 plus taxes with 7 lines. Now I'm paying $100 for 5 lines.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoJo