• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Any rumors/reports of a future iPod Touch with a 3G data radio (like the iPad)?

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
That would be handy, to have a constant data connection instead of waiting 'til you're at home network, Starbucks, MacDonalds, etc.

Probably won't happen, because a) Apple won't foresee enough increase in sales to make it worth their while, and b)it could possibly cannibalize sales of iPads. I'd like to email that suggestion to Apple, if I could find the appropriate address.

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
That would be nice but the thing is, iPod Touch 4th Gen is way too thin and condensed as it is to fit a 3G radio in it. Additionally, lets say Apple DID put one in even at the 4th Gen's size, It would absolutely MURDER battery life to the point where you would barely have an hour to use it at the end of the day. It's probably better if you have a 3rd Gen to go to Sprint and by an Apple Peel. It's a case with additional battery life and 3G connectivity, the only downside is that you only get 1 GB of data and that it's only Sprint 3G compatible.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
That would be nice but the thing is, iPod Touch 4th Gen is way too thin and condensed as it is to fit a 3G radio in it. Additionally, lets say Apple DID put one in even at the 4th Gen's size, It would absolutely MURDER battery life to the point where you would barely have an hour to use it at the end of the day. It's probably better if you have a 3rd Gen to go to Sprint and by an Apple Peel. It's a case with additional battery life and 3G connectivity, the only downside is that you only get 1 GB of data and that it's only Sprint 3G compatible.

My cell service is Sprint, so not an issue; but don't you have to jailbreak to use the Peel? Not desperate enough to venture to the land of Jailbreak for that:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman