Any idea on what to expect in terms of battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I spend about 8 hours in a building where the cell signal is about 1 bar.

The 4G signal is not strong enough for the 8 hours so, most of the time is spent in 1X mode and there is an occasional 3G. I do have Wifi to connect to but, it goes up and down throughout the day.

When I had my iPhone 4, the battery would be about 15-20% by about 9 p.m. (the end of the day). On a very rare occasion, where I used the phone heavily during the day by about 3 p.m. (9 hours after taking it off charge) would require me to charge it up about 20-30% to last until 9 p.m.

At work, texting is at a minimum (maybe 10 texts in a day) and there is little to no Internet surfing going on in the phone.

Would the battery life be about the same as what I had in the iPhone 4?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
From my experience, you should experience the same to a hair less battery life with the iPhone 5 than i did with the 4S, which was slightly better than the 4 (for me).

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Depending on how much use you do with your phone, your battery life is going to be different than others. I can tell you though that coming from the 4 to the 5 has been a huge difference for me. I just have to make sure that I physically close out my apps. Sometimes I tend not to do so and my battery life goes down faster.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like with the reception you get, you'll wind up with about the same battery life as on the 4 - maybe a tad better.

martijefre

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery has been great coming from the s3
1a3.jpg

Loony4Fruit

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I get about a little over 8 hours of usage time (not necessarily screen on time) on my iPhone 5 and it's as good as I could expect out of a smartphone with this sort of functionality. Pretty happy with it so far. The Note 2 blows away the iPhone 5's battery life, but it's an Android device so that automatically disqualifies it. :)

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I wish I knew how to make my phone do this everyday lol. No music played, period. Have no idea how it was still not dead. Maybe the next iPhone can do this regularly.

asy5yneh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151